Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-20-2013, 07:51 PM

Default Temple of Doom - A new platformer game by Take10 Animation - Beta Testers Needed Soon

Hey TA Fans,

Take10 Animation is a small indie studio focusing on games for the ios. We are 100% self funded. We are happy to announce that our newest game "Temple of Doom" is in the last stages of development and will be needing beta testers next week. I will provide a link soon where everyone can sign up.

In the meantime here's some info on the game. Temple of Doom is an endless platformer which you control an orangutan. The goal is to reach the highest floor possible without dying. Along the way you can collect bananas and then exchange them for special perks. There will be two game modes to choose from arcade and survival.

In arcade mode the goal is to reach the highest floor possible without falling below the screen. There will be a special perk where you will be able to gain a limited burst of speed to allow you to go higher much faster. Obstacles will range from easy, medium, and hard.

In survival mode you will need to collect all of the bananas. Let one go by and the game is over. One more thing, you will need to rush through each obstacle or die by drowning. Screenshots below.

Survival Mode

Arcade Mode

Main Menu

We are planning on releasing the game for free with ads and in-app purchases. Don't worry no ads will pop up during game play and you will not be forced to buy anything in order to play further into the game. All of the games perks can be unlocked simply by playing through the game.

I'm looking forward to the beta testing phase and what you all will think about the game. Suggestions and ideas will be welcome. Stay tune for more info on where to sign up.

Thanks.

http://www.take10animation.com/

Likes us @: http://on.fb.me/10EYZjl
Old 08-27-2013, 08:21 PM

Default Temple of Doom - Alpha Gameplay

Hey Folks,

Here's the gameplay footage of what we have so far. Still adding a bit of polish before beta testing can begin. I'll post again when game is ready for testing.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 08-27-2013, 08:23 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

See the threat, i thought it is a Temple Run clone, but dont. Looks interesting, can i join to beta tester?
Old 08-27-2013, 09:02 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

I hope I don't sound too cynical but IMO that gameplay seems kind of...plain, I guess.
Maybe it's because I've been playing Penumbear and Freedom Fall...

Are there traps or other hazards as you progress? More environmental variety? More animations for your orangutan?
Old 08-28-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
I hope I don't sound too cynical but IMO that gameplay seems kind of...plain, I guess.
Maybe it's because I've been playing Penumbear and Freedom Fall...

Are there traps or other hazards as you progress? More environmental variety? More animations for your orangutan?
The gameplay footage shows only the easy obstacles of the game. As you go higher into the game the obstacles get much more difficult. There are some traps where if you go up the wrong way you'll end up getting blocked with no where to go. The idea was to keep the game simple such as games like canabalt and doodle jump. Of course we've added a few extra perks to make the game more interesting. Stay tune for the beta phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynuyt View Post
See the threat, i thought it is a Temple Run clone, but dont. Looks interesting, can i join to beta tester?
I'll be providing a link soon where anyone can sign up for testing. More details later.

Last edited by take10animation; 08-28-2013 at 01:45 AM..
Old 08-28-2013, 02:45 AM

The game is not terrible, but the action of main character is so gently, it will takes user do not have more interesting to play.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:53 PM

Default ToD - Screenshots 2

Hey Everyone,

Here's a quick update on the game. Fixing a few bugs and adding polish to the game at the moment. Beta testers please stand-by.

In the meantime here's a couple screens.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:34 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

This looks wicked, love to be a tester.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:49 PM

Default Beta Testing Now Open!

Hey Folks,

Temple of Doom is now recruiting for beta testing of Temple of Doom. Any suggestions and ideas are welcome in order to improve the game.

Please sign up here:
http://tflig.ht/1aMWP71

Thanks.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:24 PM

Applied!