★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pokemon Game!(would be great)

12-10-2008, 06:30 AM
Pokemon Game!(would be great)

Hi, I was wondering,
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a Pokemon game available on the iphone and ipod touch?
It's my most-played game ever I think, I used to play it more then 4 hours a day when I was still a kid, and I loved it.
Maybe they can make 1 for the ipod?

Just wndering hw you guys would think about that.

(Pokemon is okay, but if it looks too childy for you, another game, like pokemon, but a more grown-up version is okay too. ^^)

Please come up with a 2nd Gen iPod Jailbreak!
12-10-2008, 06:52 AM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oma View Post
Hi, I was wondering,
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a Pokemon game available on the iphone and ipod touch?
It's my most-played game ever I think, I used to play it more then 4 hours a day when I was still a kid, and I loved it.
Maybe they can make 1 for the ipod?

Just wndering hw you guys would think about that.

(Pokemon is okay, but if it looks too childy for you, another game, like pokemon, but a more grown-up version is okay too. ^^)
Made by Nintendo, not happening.

12-10-2008, 06:53 AM
i know what you are saying... but saying "Pokemon is okay" is silly. Pokemon will NEVER be on the iPhone. I know never say never right? but still...
12-10-2008, 07:00 AM
Well,
as I said in the last sentence,
an alternative is good too.
Something LIKE pokemon, but without the pokemon...
Sounds wierd, but does look like a cool game to me.

And wwhy the 💩💩💩💩 is Nintendo so 💩💩💩💩ing annying they won't make games for ipod.
Blehh.

Please come up with a 2nd Gen iPod Jailbreak!
12-10-2008, 07:01 AM
Even if it did happen - you'd have to have at least TWO iDevices, because there would be TWO versions of the game - and yes, you'd have to trade over WiFi... ehhh.

The reason Pokemon does so well is because it makes certain Pokemon only available through trade, or a different cart, or at a different time of day - completing it successfully means that you have to play it all the time, and make sure you have a friend with a DS so that you can trade over. Yes it does make for a great game mechanic, but Nintendo is perfectly happy with making new consoles and using those exclusive features to add more to the same game we've been playing for about 10 years now.
12-10-2008, 07:07 AM
To be honest, I don't care much for Pokemon on the iPhone. I'm sure Pokemon wannabes will eventually show up on the device in one form or another, but if you want the real deal, get a Nintendo DS.

Truth be told, even if Nintendo were interested in making a Pokemon game for the iPhone (which it isn't), I'd much rather see the resources going into a game that is uniquely suited for the iPhone. We so often see the same kinds of games always coming out on the PSP and DS. With the iPhone, developers have a chance to create something truly innovative and wonderful, if only they don't constrain themselves to concepts they've already seen done before.
12-10-2008, 07:08 AM
Exclusively for Nintendo platform.

Just get a DS.
12-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Send a message via AIM to Ooo...shiny
Yeah Pokemon

I agree, I would love to play pokemon on my ipod touch and also, animal crossing would be great. At the very least nintendo should release the old school pokemons that were available for the GBA or the gameboy color. Since these games are not officially sold anymore you have to buy them second hand and nintendo can't make money off that, they at least could make some money on redistributing them for other platforms. Which is my same argument that there should be official emulators and official roms you can download from companies like sega, nintendo, or others.
12-10-2008, 09:45 AM
I play pokemon fire red on my iphone almost every day. I already beat emerald. It brings back great memories of my days as a 13 year old kid holed up in my room trying to catch them all. The games are actually quite fun! You need to jailbreak though, but the emulator is great for RPGs. Also you need to own the actual cartridges to be legal (I don't own them, but my brothers have them for their SP.)

Peace
12-10-2008, 09:50 AM
How do you play Pokemon Red on the iPhone? Is it on a website? I love Pokemon on my DS.