★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

STRATEGO - Official strategy board game (iPad) $6.99 >> $0.99

08-26-2013, 04:10 PM
STRATEGO - Official strategy board game (iPad) $6.99 >> $0.99

08-26-2013, 07:16 PM
ACCOUNT CLOSED: Officially Quit iOS Gaming
Looks very interesting and cheap too.

Was about to snap it up, the reviews are very good but then I see a heap of iap's for battle coins. That put me off.

Last iOS game I bought: 6/1/15

08-26-2013, 07:46 PM
I can't speak much for the app since I don't have it yet but Stratego was my favorite 1vs1 board game when I was younger so as far as the source material is concerned I think I may be on board for 99 cents. Anyone know if it has local multiplayer?

Favorite iOS games: King of Dragon Pass, RAVENMARK: Scourge of Estellion, Junk Jack X & Silversword.
Gamecenter ID: Gilgilad
08-26-2013, 09:20 PM
Have anyone played the game? Can you review it?

Pine Entertainment
08-26-2013, 10:40 PM
Just about worth $1, as long as you don't expect too much. Not many options, at least you can login with game centre instead of Facebook. Hard to justify the usual full price as many variations out there much better. Too much of the screen is wasted on pretty visuals, too many IAP's...
08-26-2013, 10:47 PM
Was about to get buy it a minute ago. The IAP kind of put me off, but the biggest problem is that there there's no pass and play multiplayer according to one of the reviews...can anyone confirm that? I'd buy it if there was.
08-27-2013, 01:28 AM
What is the function of the Battle Coins?

n/m

"When you sign up you receive 75 Battle Coins to start with. You can use Battle Coins to purchase Avatars, Boards, Setup Slots and Coats of Arms. If you run out of Battle Coins it is possible to buy more Battle Coins in the Stratego Store."

Last edited by september; 08-27-2013 at 01:39 AM.
08-27-2013, 12:29 PM
skip

doesn't look like anything special overall, added in if you got other free stratego apps its worth skipping!
08-27-2013, 04:18 PM
If you enjoy Stratego this is a nice presentation of the game with nice 3D graphics but a some what cluttered interface. The IAP are only for cosmetic features like different backgrounds to play on and the original tile artwork, the one major draw back of these IAP is that they can only be used if you are connected to the Internet. The second time I signed onto the online service I was awarded 1000 battle coins, enough to unlock almost everything but again unfortunately these unlocked features can only be used while connected to the Internet even if you only play single player.

I personally really like the Quick Arena(10 piece) battles the best. If you enjoy Stratego then this game is well worth the current asking price.

There is NO pass and play. Only single player or online mutilplayer.
08-27-2013, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
If you enjoy Stratego this is a nice presentation of the game with nice 3D graphics but a some what cluttered interface. The IAP are only for cosmetic features like different backgrounds to play on and the original tile artwork, the one major draw back of these IAP is that they can only be used if you are connected to the Internet. The second time I signed onto the online service I was awarded 1000 battle coins, enough to unlock almost everything but again unfortunately these unlocked features can only be used while connected to the Internet even if you only play single player.

I personally really like the Quick Arena(10 piece) battles the best. If you enjoy Stratego then this game is well worth the current asking price.

There is NO pass and play. Only single player or online mutilplayer.
Thank you for the write up. I am bit disappointed in the lack of local multiplayer since that would be the main reason I wanted it (to play with my friend on our airplane trip coming up in a week) but I think I may get it anyway just to try out the 10 piece battle. Anyone know if there is another version of Stratego on iOS that does local pass and play, or any other good strategy game for that matter?

Favorite iOS games: King of Dragon Pass, RAVENMARK: Scourge of Estellion, Junk Jack X & Silversword.
Gamecenter ID: Gilgilad

Last edited by Gilgilad; 08-27-2013 at 04:41 PM.