★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Bravura - Quest Rush is a ton of fun. [...] you'll most likely be hacking and slashing away with a smile on your face." - Touch Arcade (Rating: 4/5) -

"Consistently simple to play but not necessarily easy to win, Bravura Quest Rush is a very pleasant experience." - 148apps.com (Rating: 4/5) -

"iFanzine Verdict: Bravura - Quest Rush takes elements of endless runner gameplay minus the randomized stages and mixes them with RPG style party and leveling mechanics, in the process creating something unique and engaging." - AppAdvice (Rating: 4/5) -

Rush into an Adventure full of side-scrolling RPG Frenzy!
Quest Rush is an innovative time-driven action game mixed with RPG elements.

Rush through fast-paced stages of side-scrolling action - each stage lasts about 90 seconds and your goal is to complete all the quests as you slay through hordes of monsters while helping innocent bystanders.

Fight against TIME to save the day and become the ultimate fantasy hero!

You will be dazzled by the lightning-quick stages and challenging time-based mechanics making Bravura - Quest Rushs gameplay super addictive, like in a fun and exciting casual running game.

KEY FEATURES:
- Experience a side-scrolling Action RPG with fast-paced gameplay
- Collect and customize your party with a unique Companion System
- Harness time as the key that dynamically affects high scores, stage difficulty and quests
- Unlock plenty of powers and goodies to break new records
- Challenge the extra Frontier stages, featuring random quests and rare loot
- Tap to interact, swipe to unleash special attacks with intuitive touch controls
- Enjoy cartoon graphics, sporting visually stunning 2D backgrounds enriched with a convex mirror effect

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BravuraQuestRush
Support e-mail address: bqr_support@dtales.it

Universal build. Compatible with: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, the new iPad and the iPad with Retina display.

CygnetSeven's comments:

This is an open beta test, designed to receive constructive feedback from avid gamers like yourself! Download it for free and let us know what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTales View Post
Hello everyone,

From Digital Tales - the same people who brought you games which you may not remember right now - comes "Bravura: Quest Rush" , an original cartoon inspired 2D action/role-playing game that's all about saving the world in the least amount of time possible.

Here’s what you are going to find in "Bravura: Quest Rush”:
  • Sidescrolling RPG frenzy - the best of role-playing packed into a fast-forward action adventure.
  • Time as the key to dynamically impact the game difficulty and structure.
  • Unique Companion system supplying support characters and unlocking new Powers to learn and wield.
  • Old-school RPG fare combined with deep party customization and composition options for tailor-made gameplay.
  • Intuitive touch controls, dropping the virtual D-pad interface.

EARLY GAMEPLAY VIDEO #1 - "Quests"

YouTube:

EARLY GAMEPLAY VIDEO #2 - "Combat"

YouTube:

EARLY GAMEPLAY VIDEO #3 - "Companions"

YouTube:

The game is soft released in CA and FIN with a worldwide release to follow soon so be sure to stick around!

For now, we'll just leave you with a few screenshots involving suspicious poncho-wearing moustache-men and impressively large wrenches.

- The Bravura Team

-

-
08-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Well, that was fast - kudos to CygnetSeven for making this new topic!

- - -

Please be aware that, as of now, the game version available on the Canadian store is an OPEN BETA we released for everyone to try out.

We apologize in advance for minor glitches or rough edges you may find, as the purpose of this release is to fine-tune the game before our global release.

All feedback will be much appreciated, either here on the forums, or sent to info@dtales.it

OLD TOPIC (Upcoming IPhone games)
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...8&postcount=30

- The Bravura Team

08-27-2013, 01:44 PM
This looks great.. sadly I don't have a CA account, so I have to wait

Game Center: sink_or_swim
08-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Wow this actually looks pretty good. I'm excited to try it
08-27-2013, 02:49 PM
The game still has some kinks to fix, and DTales made it clear they are still in the process of making the game as good as it can be, but it's already a favorite game at this point.

A good mix of runner, action game, and RPG rolled in one tight package.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-27-2013, 04:11 PM
Some feedback

Just by watching the videos, I think it would be good to have some kind of visual feedback under the finger motions to indicate that you made the correct action. Say when you are slicing downward, have a quick slashing the air kinda line that gives the player visual feedback that they did it "right". (Almost like a moving cursor with a motion blur).
08-27-2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triptych View Post
Just by watching the videos, I think it would be good to have some kind of visual feedback under the finger motions to indicate that you made the correct action. Say when you are slicing downward, have a quick slashing the air kinda line that gives the player visual feedback that they did it "right". (Almost like a moving cursor with a motion blur).
There is actually a trail when swiping.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-27-2013, 05:36 PM
This game seems pretty good for my first 10 minutes though I'm bummed the menu graphics sharpness doesn't carry over to the game itself. The in game action seems low res unlike the screenshots..
08-27-2013, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
This game seems pretty good for my first 10 minutes though I'm bummed the menu graphics sharpness doesn't carry over to the game itself. The in game action seems low res unlike the screenshots..
Now that you mentioned it, actual game does look low res compared to the screenshots.