★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

FIFA 14 (by EA)

08-28-2013, 12:49 AM
FIFA 14 (by EA)

EA seems to be really pushing the freemium model for its mobile games. The company has announced that the upcoming iOS and Android versions of FIFA 14 will be free-to-play games. Of course, nothing good in the world ever comes free, so FIFA 14 will sport some microtransactions that might compel some to part with their real-world money.

The decision to make it free-to-play undoubtedly comes hot on the heels of the success of Real Racing 3 and Plants vs Zombies 2, which were launched on mobile platforms earlier this year. Both games, being free, offer microtransactions where players can pay real money to get in-game items and boosts.

Along with this, EA has also announced that the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game will be getting demos. The Xbox 360 and PC version of the demo will be available on September 10, whereas the PlayStation 3 version of the demo will be available on September 10 in North America and the next day in the rest of the world.

The game will be hitting stores on September 24 in North America and September 27 in the rest of the world. The game will be available on a wide variety of platforms—Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable. When the next-gen Xbox One and PlayStation 4 hit stores, FIFA 14 will also be making its way to them.
08-28-2013, 07:00 AM
still one month ..
08-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fara View Post
still one month ..
just to say it will be F2P, but it's still worthy
08-28-2013, 08:43 AM
I think this is an interesting move. Having the game F2P on mobile could really bolster their fan base while the fans are on the move.

Will there be any tie in between the console versions and the F2P mobile versions? A tie in with your custom team or something along them lines could make a really good in game purchase.
08-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenm View Post
I think this is an interesting move. Having the game F2P on mobile could really bolster their fan base while the fans are on the move.

Will there be any tie in between the console versions and the F2P mobile versions? A tie in with your custom team or something along them lines could make a really good in game purchase.
I think not mate, the IAP will be like to buy game modes. For example:
FIFA 14 free download contains:

- Ultimate Team
- Game of the Week
- Penalty Shootout
- Online Multiplayer

You have to pay once to unlock:

- Manager Mode
- Tournament
- Kick Off
Price: less than FIFA 13 launch price
As for the tie between consoles, it would be great, but I don't think that will happen. But the game will feature online multiplayer