App description: * Chosen by the AppStore as one of the #BestOf2013 crafting games in 9 countries! *

** Thanks everyone for the bugs reported, we've fixed them and a patch is on the way. Sorry for the troubles! **

Junk Jack X 2.4 is here!

This major patch adds a whole new component to the game: ELECTRONICS! Build complex widgets and contraptions which can interact with the world. In addition to this, the lighting engine has been rewritten and enhanced to support colored lights, which makes the game much more dynamic and fresh looking, with accordingly updated planets which are have even been revamped. The most notable changes can be seen in Terra.
Last but not least weve also added a whole new planet reachable from Seth, named Thetis! Explore this new aquatic world with new monsters, equip pieces, armor, fishes, weapons and new biomes with unique blocks and objects.

Have fun little inventors!

Welcome to Junk Jack X! It is a 2D sandbox where you can explore, build and survive in randomly generated procedural worlds, full of monsters, hidden treasures and beautiful landscapes, now even in multiplayer with friends!

We are glad to deliver you the best Junk Jack experience ever imagined! A sequel which brings the game to a whole new level with multiplayer, multiple planets, creative mode, liquids, plenty of equipment to customize your character and much more! Plus all the features you loved from Junk Jack (and, we hope, less features you hated!)

This is not a freemium game, buy it once and enjoy the full game experience!

Features:
- local multiplayer up to 4 players and online multiplayer up to 2 players
- a creative mode to unleash your creativity and build everything you can imagine
- a fully featured equip system with more than 400 different wearable items to enhance your adventures or just to make your friends envy!
- polished pixel graphics, full retina support
- a fully fledged electronics engine allows the creation of complex widgets, even complete CPUs!
- tenths of wonderful music tracks by Bright Primate
- intuitive controls: swipe to move and tap to interact with everything
- an adventure mode that will let you travel between 9 multiple planets with different and intriguing environments
- liquids to enhance or impede your explorations: avoid dangerous lava or go for a swim in a surface lake!
- infinite procedurally generated worlds to make every adventure always different
- a dynamic day/night cycle that blends with wonderful skies in parallax
- a vibrant coloured lighting engine that will make you enjoy every minute spent in Junk Jack X worlds
- character customization, you can play also as a female!
- a rewarding exploration thanks to treasure chests full of cool things
- tamable dogs, cats and many other animals that will follow you around
- more than 1000 crafts to be built
- more than 2000 treasures
- more than 420 placeable items
- more than 250 different creatures and monsters
- explosives, shelves, signs, dyes and all the features you liked in Junk Jack
- a complete farming system with more than 70 plants, even many alien and exotic plants
- an in game guide that will teach you how to play
- two ways of crafting to accommodate even needs of casual users

This is just the beginning, we already have many ideas for the next updates!
For every issue just contact us on our forum at forum.pixbits.com
08-30-2013, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seil View Post
Tap the arrow above the character portrait to bring down a list of current stats. I'm not really sure what they all are, though. I'm assuming the first four are defenses to the different attack types while the red versions are attack bonuses. I'm guessing the others are movement speed, climbing, jump and swimming but I don't have anything that affects those four yet.

I've also got a couple accessories that don't give actual stat bonuses. Not sure if they give a hidden bonus, are used in a recipe or just do nothing, though. One's a Four Leaf Clover(video game logic says it probably boosts luck/drops) and the other's a Gold Essence Amulet which I have no idea about.
The armor (that I currently have on) affects the percentage of the first 2 things in the first stat column and the first thing in the second stat column.

Is there a wiki for JJX yet? Or is there just one for JJ still?

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19
08-30-2013, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodemus82 View Post
The Gold Essence Amulet gives off a glow around the player when equipped (useful for seeing in dark places when you're out of torches
It also gives other bonuses too if I remember correctly, but I can't remember off the top of my head what those were
Ah, I only equipped the essence amulet while in my base, so I wouldn't have noticed a glow haha. It seems really faint, though.

I used a skeleton necklace for awhile and changed it over to a bauble once I could make them. I like the health boosts. Also got a blast helm from a black slime which I absolutely love.

Hoping to get my hands on some sapphires so I can get the glow effect on something, though. That's sapphire's effect right? Is it brighter than the essence amulet or the same?

08-30-2013, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seil View Post
Hoping to get my hands on some sapphires so I can get the glow effect on something, though. That's sapphire's effect right? Is it brighter than the essence amulet or the same?
Yeah, that's right. I'm sure it's about the same brightness. Although it does seem pretty faint, it does come in useful in those pitch black places and the nice thing about it is that it continues to give off light even as you move, unlike torches

Here's the effects that gems have on armor that I can remember..

Topaz: breathe underwater
Ruby: immune to lava
Emerald: immune to acid
Sapphire: Emits light around the player even while walking.
Diamond: 1% extra physical defense. This armor buff can stack.
Amethyst: I can't remember..

Member of the Beta Tester Alliance
Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Nicodemus82
08-30-2013, 01:58 AM
Is there chat in multiplayer?
08-30-2013, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miumius View Post
Is there chat in multiplayer?
Yes there is (text chat)

Member of the Beta Tester Alliance
Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Nicodemus82
08-30-2013, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
On a similar exploration note: Does Junk Jack have anything similar to Terraria's underground jungle or dungeon? Basically an area more dangerous than usual, that really forces you to watch your step and be on your guard.
I don't think it has something that compares directly. Enemies do get stronger as you dig down and there are caverns but I don't think there's anything exactly like the underground jungle.

What I don't know is how the new planets will play out. I know from beta footage that they are more dangerous in some ways than good old Terra but I haven't been there myself and don't know how big the difference is.
08-30-2013, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannythefool View Post
I don't think it has something that compares directly. Enemies do get stronger as you dig down and there are caverns but I don't think there's anything exactly like the underground jungle.

What I don't know is how the new planets will play out. I know from beta footage that they are more dangerous in some ways than good old Terra but I haven't been there myself and don't know how big the difference is.
Well, the first Junk Jack had lots of underground biomes, including jungles, with enemies in it. I just bought JJX, so I don't know yet if there are any underground biomes, but I would be surprised if there aren't any underground dungeons and biomes like in the first JJ. I'm not sure if the enemies are stronger in those biomes.
08-30-2013, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater View Post
I just bought JJX, so I don't know yet if there are any underground biomes, but I would be surprised if there aren't any underground dungeons and biomes like in the first JJ.
Oh no that's still there, in fact I think JJ has something called underground jungles. But IMHO it's not the same feeling, they're not as expansive and they're not significantly more difficult in terms of enemies. I tend to find chests there, not fights.

Again, I don't know if that changes on other planets.
08-30-2013, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannythefool View Post
Oh no that's still there, in fact I think JJ has something called underground jungles. But IMHO it's not the same feeling, they're not as expansive and they're not significantly more difficult in terms of enemies. I tend to find chests there, not fights.

Again, I don't know if that changes on other planets.
Yeh, you're right about that.

I don't know that either, but I'm curious to find that out. I guess I should play it some more to find that out
08-30-2013, 05:55 AM
what does the craft book IAP do?