★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: How many came close to not getting your iphone?

12-10-2008, 09:28 AM
How many came close to not getting your iphone?

I am so happy I got the iphone, I was on sprint and was out of contract and was killing myself deciding on getting the instinct and was running back and forth from the sprint store to AT&T deciding which to get and decided to get the iphone and switched to AT&T

I am so happy I did not get any other phone but my iphone, I treat it like its my kid, I don't care what problems the phone gives me, it can freeze, do anything it wants, I still think no phone comes close to it at all.

I don't think the storm, instinct or google android phones comes close, I tried the storm and I am not into blackberrys at all.
12-10-2008, 09:31 AM
I had mine a week before activating it. Due to the cost of using it as a phone I almost just used my old phone and kept the iPhone as an iPod touch. I got mine used for next to nothing so it wouldn't have been a huge deal to use it only as a touch. I am glad I activated it though, as now I text non-stop - still don't use it as a phone much.

It is kind of funny to me that it is touted as a phone and that is the one feature I use the least.

12-10-2008, 09:44 AM
I nearly couldn't get mine because they messed something up on my application, only when they went through and fixed it that it finally worked!

Proud 3g 16gb in white owner
12-10-2008, 10:05 AM
I got the white one too, the black ones was on back order for weeks and the lady told me if I got the white one she can get it in within 72 hours

I guess no one was buying the white ones

so I had to get the 16G just to get the phone and not have to wait
12-10-2008, 12:29 PM
When I was in line at the Apple Store for them to "prequalify" me, they said I didn't qualify for a handset upgrade. Turns out I had a "past due" account and I called up AT&T and paid it. But jeez, I panicked for a sec.
12-10-2008, 01:17 PM
With all due respect, this is one of 2 threads that are in the wrong section. This should be in the Lounge. I visit this forum to read about iPod Touch games, and would prefer it not to be filled with any old topic, thanks.
12-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
With all due respect, this is one of 2 threads that are in the wrong section. This should be in the Lounge. I visit this forum to read about iPod Touch games, and would prefer it not to be filled with any old topic, thanks.
True dat. Actually I noticed quite a few misplaced threads lately.
12-10-2008, 01:35 PM
I got lucky with mine, friend sold me his almost brand new perfect 2g iPhone for $100! If he didn't I'd still be stuck with my crappy Blackjack 2.
12-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Dad had an iPhone and always raved about it. Then my contract ran up right when the 3g came out so I had to get the 16 gig black.

iTouch Gaming
Willing to blog about your game to help devs get their game out. PM if interested.
12-10-2008, 02:09 PM
I have an ipod touch, but I had an ipod classic for two years and was not planning on getting another... until the headphone jack and turn wheel stopped working (overuse I guess). I had been wanting an ipod touch for awhile, but when i was offered a college type discount, I decided it would be a fair price and purchased it. Best decision ever. The two of us are inseparable. Now I want the 2nd generation though...

Just a gal who likes to write and has an unhealthy(probably) attachment to her iPod.

Top 6 favorite games right now: {Rogue Touch, Sway, Pocket God, Archibald's Adventure, Wolfenstein 3D, Platypus}