Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-29-2013, 03:27 PM
iPhone 5

Default Sortle - A trivia game with a twist

Hi guys, I'm back with a new game.

This time it's a game tailored for Jared who has lots of useless knowledge, and all of you who like quiz games, word games, Wordfeud etc in general.

Imagine a Trivia game where you donít really need to know specific facts in order to score points. Where not every question is about stuff you should know and never really bothered learning - thatís Sortle for you.

In Jeopardy or Trivial Pursuit (or other games like them) there are always a bunch of questions that you are supposed to know the answer to and then you feel like a real knuckle head when you donít.

Sortle is not about knowing the exact facts, although it sure doesnít hurt if you do, but rather about knowing how things relate to each other and sorting them in the correct order. Sortle is more about knowing a little bit of everything.

Just getting some of the items you sort right will give you satisfying points and the things you sort arenít just the traditional stuff about wars, religion, history and sports, but also about a bunch of fun stuff that we guess you can call ďuseless knowledgeĒ. Who doesnít have a bunch of useless knowledge?

What burns more calories? Whatís the most common cause of death in America? Which celebrities have the largest feet? And where in the world can you find the cheapest Big Mac? These are all questions you can expect to get in Sortle together with the more common trivia questions like: Who became president first? Which invention is older? Which river is longer? Or who have won the most Gold medals in all of the Summer Olympics?

Itís not always so easy, but then again itís not supposed to be.

Last edited by Anders; 08-29-2013 at 03:34 PM..
Old 08-29-2013, 07:44 PM
iPhone 3G

fun game! but you can only have three games available at a time... then have to upgrade for $3. I would for $1 but not $3.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Developer
iPad, OS 4.x

Hi Anders. Fun game! However, I'm having some issues on non-widescreen 4s running iOS 6.1. For example, on the "new game" screen, the "practice" button is cut off and I can't scroll it into view. Nothing game-breaking but thought you might want to know. Ok, back to the game!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:18 PM
iPhone 3G

also, cannot resign unless it is your turn?? why!? very frustrating! I cannot play for possibly 72 hours now if my 3 random opponents do not take their turns...
Old 08-29-2013, 09:33 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Thanks for your new game Anders!
Two quick questions:
1) iPad update?
2) Other languages planned?
Thanks again!
Old 08-30-2013, 02:05 AM

Love the game so far, but i did already had the exact same question not so far apart.
And I would buy the upgrade immediqtly for a buck, but now for 3 bucks, i'm still in doubt.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:34 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Found a few bugs (iPhone 4s 6.1.3):

Can't scroll down to practise on select new game menu (as said above)

Sometimes have two games start against the same random apponent when I only started one game

Sometimes after playing the final round it shows the overall score as zero for each round. If I then leave the game back to the main menu, it says it's my turn again and I get to play the round again.

Had one game show all zeros after the last round, left the game back to main menu and I had actually lost the game.

Hope these help
Old 08-30-2013, 05:30 AM

Good game. Liking it quite a lot so far.
Minor problem: noticing quite a few grammar / spelling mistakes which end up cheapening what is otherwise an uber-professional looking game...
Old 08-30-2013, 06:09 AM

Apparently the Egyptians started building the Pyramids before the first life on Earth and before Homo sapiens evolved.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:54 AM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmonkey101 View Post
fun game! but you can only have three games available at a time... then have to upgrade for $3. I would for $1 but not $3.
Thanks! $3 seems pretty standard for Trivia games. We'll see how people respond to the price and adjust accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumsoft View Post
Hi Anders. Fun game! However, I'm having some issues on non-widescreen 4s running iOS 6.1. For example, on the "new game" screen, the "practice" button is cut off and I can't scroll it into view. Nothing game-breaking but thought you might want to know. Ok, back to the game!
Yup sorry about that. It's been fixed and I submitted an update yesterday with a slew of bug fixes. Hopefully it'll be out in a couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmonkey101 View Post
also, cannot resign unless it is your turn?? why!? very frustrating! I cannot play for possibly 72 hours now if my 3 random opponents do not take their turns...
Yeah this may be a feature we may remove in a future update. I'll bring it up for discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capronissimo71 View Post
Thanks for your new game Anders!
Two quick questions:
1) iPad update?
2) Other languages planned?
Thanks again!
1) We might consider it depending on how well the game does. I think Android will be implemented first though.
2. Yup planned, also localized content. Again, depends on how well it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanyeah View Post
Love the game so far, but i did already had the exact same question not so far apart.
And I would buy the upgrade immediqtly for a buck, but now for 3 bucks, i'm still in doubt.
With the same question, do you mean it had the exact same answers as well? In that case it's just bad luck, we have around 1000 now and the questions are chosen randomly. We add more all the time too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Found a few bugs (iPhone 4s 6.1.3):

Can't scroll down to practise on select new game menu (as said above)

Sometimes have two games start against the same random apponent when I only started one game

Sometimes after playing the final round it shows the overall score as zero for each round. If I then leave the game back to the main menu, it says it's my turn again and I get to play the round again.

Had one game show all zeros after the last round, left the game back to main menu and I had actually lost the game.

Hope these help
Thanks! Yeah there are some bugs unfortunately. I submitted an update yesterday, hopefully some of the above are sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettArchibald View Post
Good game. Liking it quite a lot so far.
Minor problem: noticing quite a few grammar / spelling mistakes which end up cheapening what is otherwise an uber-professional looking game...
Yup we fixed a bunch of errors. After midnight your brain isn't exactly working at 100% capacity All questions are on our server so we can add/change/correct/remove questions instantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemat94 View Post
Apparently the Egyptians started building the Pyramids before the first life on Earth and before Homo sapiens evolved.
Fixed, thanks

Having said that, we are going to have each question reviewed by three people before uploading them. That should keep any errors to a minimum.