★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Cie Games
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 157.5 MB
  • Version: 6.0.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: LIVE OPPONENTS. REAL COMPETITION.
True real-time racing at your fingertips. Racing Rivals lets you challenge or be challenged by live opponents in game lobbies with feature race replays and live chat.

HIGH STAKES BETTING
Back your bets with skill unless you're prepared to lose cash - or your car! The stakes are high and the risk is real. Can you handle it?

WEEKLY EVENTS!
Does your team have what it takes to dominate Turf Wars? Race in weekly competitions to control cities, earn gems, and bonuses for your team! Exclusive Prizes means cars no one else can buy, wrapped in livery no one else has seen.

OFFICIALLY LICENSED CARS
Racing Rivals presents a huge collection of licensed cars ranging from tunes and exotics to classic American muscle. Featured brands include McLaren, Subaru, Dodge, Mitsubishi, Ford, RWB, Scion, BMW, Acura and SRT with more on the way!

TUNE, UPGRADE & CUSTOMIZE
Find the optimal tune for your car with hundreds performance parts in thousands of combinations - everything from air filters to crankshafts will impact your car's performance. Up your game by adding NOS, a supercharger or turbo, custom rims from the biggest players like Volk Racing, Pacer, and SSR, plus real world tires from Nitto!

IMPORTANT: Racing Rivals requires an internet connection to play and requires iOS 6.0 or later. Note: Racing Rivals is not supported on the Ipod touch (4th gen)

Racing Rivals is free to play, but you can choose to pay real money for some extra items, which will charge your iTunes account. You can disable in-app purchasing by adjusting your device settings.

Find us on Facebook: http://bit.ly/RacingRivalsFans
Find us on Twitter: http://bit.ly/RacingRivalsTweets

Questions or Suggestions? Visit our forums: http://bit.ly/RacingRivalsForums

Terms of Service: http://www.glu.com/terms
Privacy Policy: http://www.glu.com/privacy

TouchArcade Bot's comments:

08-30-2013, 03:54 AM
If anybody liked CSR Racing or Fast and Furius 6, this blows them and all drag racing games away! So many upgrades and attention to detail and the biggest thing..........LIVE multiplayer racing. You can make bets with other people and even race for pink slips. It's a freemium game, so it does come with the usual F2P stuff, but it's still a great game. Highly recommended.

08-30-2013, 04:52 AM
FYI, not compatible with iPods, just tried to download it on my gen 5 touch.. No can do, it requires a digital compass. (It obviously doesn't list iPods as compatible in the description, I was just curious).
08-30-2013, 06:14 AM
This actually is a pretty deep racer. Lots of options, I could get lost in this game
08-30-2013, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingman View Post
This actually is a pretty deep racer. Lots of options, I could get lost in this game
Same here. I was surprised at how deep the upgrading system was.
08-30-2013, 10:31 AM
This is a very challenging game, much more difficult than CSR and every other drag racer I've tried. Seems I'm gonna have to grind some until I have enough $ to upgrade more so I can beat the first campaign. I'm stuck on the fourth race. Not sure if I made good or bad choices on the upgrades I've already performed
08-30-2013, 11:16 AM
Quote:
This is a very challenging game, much more difficult than CSR and every other drag racer I've tried. Seems I'm gonna have to grind some until I have enough $ to upgrade more so I can beat the first campaign. I'm stuck on the fourth race. Not sure if I made good or bad choices on the upgrades I've already performed
I'm stuck on the 4th or 5th race. The only way of getting money is to grind on multiplayer, but I'm averaging like one win out of 5 right now. There are some good racers out there.......or people that are sinking real money into upgrading.
08-30-2013, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
I'm stuck on the 4th or 5th race. The only way of getting money is to grind on multiplayer, but I'm averaging like one win out of 5 right now. There are some good racers out there.......or people that are sinking real money into upgrading.
That's why freemium and multiplayer dont usually work well coz of the possibility of pay-to-wins... Especially when upgrades are involved.
08-30-2013, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
As fast as some of them are I'm willing to bet they have a bigger paycheck than mine. I would never waste real $ to make my car faster when I can get it by playing longer and grinding.
08-30-2013, 01:42 PM
Quote:
As fast as some of them are I'm willing to bet they have a bigger paycheck than mine. I would never waste real $ to make my car faster when I can get it by playing longer and grinding.
That's kinda how I feel. I've already seen players with cars that cost upwards to 10 bucks in "gems". I'm happy with upgrading my free car. I'm noticing more and more cool stuff with this game though, the more I play it. The chat room overlapping the spectator view is pretty cool and the fact that you can race for pink slips. I can already see people losing a car they spent 20 bucks on because they fouled off the starting line being fun to watch.