★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

W.E.L.D.E.R. (by Ayopa Games) [Universal] Update and Now FREE for Labor Day!!!

08-30-2013, 05:23 PM
W.E.L.D.E.R. (by Ayopa Games) [Universal] Update and Now FREE for Labor Day!!!

Former iTunes iPhone Game of the Week and #1 selling iPad app, W.E.L.D.E.R., has been updated and is now FREE on the App Store for Labor Day weekend. It's usually $2.99 so that's a brilliant deal!

W.E.L.D.E.R. combines Tetris with Scrabble. It's instantly addictive, and has previously been the overall #1 selling iPad app on iTunes and the #1 selling word game on iTunes. Grab it now and see for yourself.

Please post here with your impressions/requests/recommendations, and feel free to spread the word! Thanks!

08-30-2013, 09:34 PM

08-31-2013, 07:03 AM
Absolute no brainer - the one word game that's never left my device since I bought it.

The only tiny criticism I can come up with is that the toxic tiles that came with a later update aren't wonderful because they interrupt your strategy and force you to waste swaps dealing with them, but they're fairly rare.

If you're worried about IAP, you can safely ignore the gigawatts - they're not at all necessary and just there for people who don't understand why practicing puzzle games to get better is more fun than buying shortcuts.