★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Warfare Incorporated get ignored?

12-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Warfare Incorporated get ignored?

hi there

On the forums of the devs I found this piece of text:

Quote:
I am glad the Iphone port is coming along because once the game hits the App Store, I have a feeling it will take off just like FieldRunners did. It has a great storyline, is the first "real" RTS, and offers multiplayer through a central server... can't wait.
And I think, this is true. WI is one of the best games available for the iPhone. It has content, a story, feels like old dune or Command and Conquer, just makes fun and multiplayer is on the go. It also has sound . But in the Top 100 list of appshopper.com it's on rank 49, BELOW Strategic Assault. It did not get any coveredge on toucharcade.com. And I'm wondering: Why?

Bye,
Oliver

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
12-10-2008, 11:47 AM
It is just Blake and Arn who write the main feature Articles, they get hammered with Devs Requesting reviews, and just everything imaginable

i am sure it will come eventually..it is a great game, and i think it will rise in ranks here shortly..there is a lot of support for it

12-10-2008, 11:49 AM
I agree. I bought WI last night and I'm loving it so far. I'll definitely be spending a lot of time with this one. When online multiplayer comes out, this is going to too good.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0
12-10-2008, 11:57 AM
it's a classic game that didn't require a whole lot of coverage. It busted into the top 50 without any big time reviews on these gamesites. It'll soon take over fieldrunners, my 2cents.
12-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Yeah, it's coming. It just takes a little time. WI has been around a long time on the old Palm/PocketPC platforms, and it has always generated great reviews. The game is truly a winner in every regard. Despite the low $4.99 price, this game is in the top tier of premium fully featured games on the app store.
12-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Just downloaded WI last night and love it. Big C&C and Red Alert fan, This game is right up my alley. Would love to see some more titles like this one come out. I don't think this game will be "ignored" for too long.
12-10-2008, 01:12 PM
I got this game and got almost no sleep last night. haha
12-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Just downloaded this, going to have a play now
12-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
It is just Blake and Arn who write the main feature Articles, they get hammered with Devs Requesting reviews, and just everything imaginable

i am sure it will come eventually..it is a great game, and i think it will rise in ranks here shortly..there is a lot of support for it
Looks like they need to "employ" more reviewers for TouchArcade *wink *wink
12-10-2008, 03:02 PM
Sales will pick up if the dev has a price drop soon for a few days ..... once its in the top 10 sellers lots of people will buy.... they should have the price drop before the multiplayer is released so they can justify the increase in price later on.