Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-31-2013, 05:56 PM

Default Deer Hunter (2014) - (by Glu Games Inc.) [Universal]

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. Size of the app is 48.4 MB.

Price in CA is Free

Requirements :
Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 5.1 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

The classic smash hit franchise returns all new for 2013! Travel from North America’s Pacific Northwest to the Savannah of Central Africa in an epic journey to hunt the world’s most incredible animals! All new weapons, hunting grounds, and game modes await!

THE CLASSIC RETURNS
Deer Hunter is the sequel 2012’s Deer Hunter Reloaded, but is an all new experience with new regions, new hunts, and new weapons!

CO-OP CHALLENGES
Join your friends to complete Club Hunt challenges! Group goals require many players working together, but the payouts are earned by all!

UPGRADE YOUR ARSENAL
Choose from Hunting Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols, and Assault Rifles, each with their own hunt types. Upgrade magazines, scopes, stocks, barrels, and more to create the perfect tool for the job!

Deer Hunter is free to play, but you can choose to pay real money for some extra items, which will charge your iTunes account. You can disable in-app purchasing by adjusting your device settings.
iPhone Screenshots

Old 08-31-2013, 06:01 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I didn't watch all the vid so I don't know if the game is this accurate (but it should be), but just as an FYI, aim for the lungs and heart with the deer (and most game in there, probably) - I saw you aiming for the head, but you really don't want to damage the skull or antlers for a trophy animal. You'll probably get more ingame rewards, too.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
I didn't watch all the vid so I don't know if the game is this accurate (but it should be), but just as an FYI, aim for the lungs and heart with the deer (and most game in there, probably) - I saw you aiming for the head, but you really don't want to damage the skull or antlers for a trophy animal. You'll probably get more ingame rewards, too.
To make it short:

You are 100% right. Aiming at the Heart/Lungs will a.) grand you more Points/Money and b.) you are even forced to do that later in the Game.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:41 PM

I'm beginning to look forward to the bi-weekly Glu games CA soft launch.
It usually goes, download, try for a few minutes, delete a sub par game with ridiculous currency gain and obvious push to buy in game currency within a few minutes... And their new favourite wait timers. I try to at least try the game until the first time I hit a wait timer. Maybe this one will be different.
Starting the first step now.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:43 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

^Ahahaha.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:15 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Just watched all the vid, I see what you mean. Looks ridiculously unforgiving for 10-20 minutes in.

But it's Glu. I shouldn't be surprised.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:25 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobunaga View Post
I'm beginning to look forward to the bi-weekly Glu games CA soft launch.
It usually goes, download, try for a few minutes, delete a sub par game with ridiculous currency gain and obvious push to buy in game currency within a few minutes... And their new favourite wait timers. I try to at least try the game until the first time I hit a wait timer. Maybe this one will be different.
Starting the first step now.
I'm looking forward to some of the glu games actually making to the states
Old 08-31-2013, 07:45 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Is it me or are the graphics significantly worse than in the least deer hunter game
Old 08-31-2013, 07:52 PM

I'd rather pump my money into the Buck Hunter slot machine.

In all honesty, this is one of the best Glu games in a while.
Still plagued by Glu problems. Deleted.

Last edited by Nobunaga; 08-31-2013 at 07:54 PM..
Old 08-31-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexsIpad View Post
Is it me or are the graphics significantly worse than in the least deer hunter game
Usually the first Builds are containing lower Textures Packs and get slowly upgraded over the following Weeks/Months after the Game has shown up on the iTunes Store.

You usually see the Filesize often double because of that if it comes to Glu Games

If you would compare the first Build with the last one before the Launch you often would be suprised how a Game has changed over the last couple of Weeks/Months.

Don`t forget that this is primarily a Soft Launch to fix & find all Bugs/Glitches/... and things like Intro/HD Textures and other Parts of the hole Game are adding slowly as the Launch Date comes closer.