Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-02-2013, 04:19 PM

Default Battle Camp - Massively Multiplayer - (by PennyPop)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 09-02-2013, 06:54 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Hasnt this been out for ages? i always get ad's for the app on my mobile Facebook
Old 09-02-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seo25 View Post
Hasnt this been out for ages? i always get ad's for the app on my mobile Facebook
Strange not. The Game has been out in New Zealand since a couple of Days but hasn`t yet launched on the iTunes Store in the USA.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:11 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

And it will be on itune US store soon?
Old 09-19-2013, 06:18 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Battle Camp - Experience the Awesome

Those who dare to clash with rampaging dragons and fire-belching warthogs can join Battle Camp, create their own unique avatars, capture and raise more than 200 unique monsters and participate in a seemingly endless number of quests. Since Battle Camp is a live virtual world, players will also be able to form troops with friends and other players, destroy rivals in real-time PvP tournaments and coordinate attacks in monthly Raid Events to earn glory and prizes.

Battle Camp released on 9/18 and immediately earned a feature as one of the BEST NEW GAMES in the app store. So what features earned it that honor?

For those who just look briefly at Battle Camp it's easy not to notice the subtle things that earned Battle Camp a spot on the best new games list.

The first big feature that people might not appreciate is that Battle Camp allows players to massively customize their avatar. Players have hundreds of default outfits/features/hairstyles/colors to use in creating their characters. Then players enter the world where their monsters follow their avatar and they are able to interact with others. The ability to explore and play in a full virtual world instead of move from level to level differentiates Battle Camp.

While exploring the world players can join Troops (guilds) with their friends, and raid against bosses, raise a troop pet, and participate in events. Overall, what earned Battle Camp a best game feature was the variety and depth that the seemingly innocent game offers. This coupled with the comic story provide massive content for mobile gamers.

Battle Camp has definitely earned it's BEST NEW GAME mention in the Apple Store.

Play NOW ---- > http://bit.ly/BattleCampApp

Last edited by Lucarda; 09-23-2013 at 08:13 PM..
Old 09-19-2013, 09:11 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

yo! battle camp addict here! lol

awesome game!
Old 09-19-2013, 11:43 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Interesting little social Puzzle & Dragon clone. The troops are the most interesting thing. I created a troop: "Touch Arcade" in case anyone wants to join.

Oh, and my referral, if anyone wants to use it for free stuff: rv1h14

Last edited by btutterrow; 09-20-2013 at 03:25 AM..
Old 09-20-2013, 01:17 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Yes, the gameplay of P&D. Changed artstyle, lay quite good.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:05 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default My Initial Review

referral code: xk8gtx

This is a pokemon style game that you are hunting done monsters and capturing them to build the best team around. The game has a guild system with raids, PvP area, quests to complete and money common elements you find in other freemium games like fusing monsters, evolving them, etc. The game uses a match 3 battle system that is becoming popular and makes gameplay more involved which I love.

The energy system used for battles a little different. You only gain 5 energy at a time and the refill takes 25mins I believe. So you find yourself running out of energy pretty fast but it refills pretty quickly too.

Check it out, it's fun and pretty well polished. If this was helpful, please use my referral id.
referral code: xk8gtx
Old 09-20-2013, 01:34 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Unfortunately, despite the differentiating aesthetics and better (proper) social implementation, this game is still tripping over its own feet with the Facebook "integration".

Once more for emphasis: I do not now, nor will I ever, play games with 99.9% of my Facebook friends. These are people I know from grade school, or high school, or college, or grad school, or work, or other physical world interaction. In the same way that the vast majority of the people here on these forums wouldn't be interested in seeing me post pictures of my kids or pets, my FB friends aren't interested in seeing me spam them with game requests. They are not even good targets for game developers to target as the vast majority don't play video games, and those that do are either in the Candy Crush Saga box or playing X-Box games. Other than my immediate family, who you don't need to target with FB anyhow, there is no overlap.

Worse, this game wants to spam my entire friends list with every possible FB hook - I don't even get to opt in the single digit number that *might* be interested, nope, everybody gets a request or gift or invite, ugh! Then I have to decline sharing each and every achievement before I can collect the reward.

-----

Rants about poor choices with Facebook aside, this is a cute Puzzles & Dragons clone. Gameplay is near identical to PvP although the PvP and raid system is a nice twist. Energy seems a little restrictive at first, but it looks like the "low" level is similar to P&D and its clones relatively speaking since most battles are one offs for 1 energy.