★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Vexed - Older Puzzle, One of the Best 2400 levels

07-27-2009, 11:57 PM
Vexed - Older Puzzle, One of the Best 2400 levels

I don't know if any of you ever played Vexed on the Palm Platform. It is a simple concept - you have a certain number of moves to move block with various designs to touch other similar blocks. Those blocks then disappear.

Object is to make all the blocks disappear in shortest number of moves. I just saw an update - but did not see a thread. This is one of the great logic puzzles. They have all 48 packs that came with the original Palm game, each with 60 levels - so almost 3000 puzzles ranging from pathetically easy, to ridiculously hard. Want something to stump your brain - this one is it.

Can't report yet on playability - but the palm version was great - still got it, still play it. Just for ease I will get this and report back, but I know there are a lot of puzzlers out there - this is a great one that you and your kids can enjoy (there are several packs made up just with kids in mind).

Vexed Link

Some screen shots...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	710109.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	5869   Click image for larger version

Name:	710109_2.jpg
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	5870   Click image for larger version

Name:	710109_3.jpg
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	5871  

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
07-28-2009, 12:39 AM
Whatever I'm in a buying mood tonight.

Just got the new Space Invaders game, Rising Blocks, and now this! Reviews look good.
07-28-2009, 01:06 AM
I remember seeing this ages ago.
What is the control method?
It looked similar to sokoban which is probably why I passed it by.
07-28-2009, 04:25 AM
Realised that this was created by Mikko Kankainen who made the excellent Marple so that made it a instant buy.

Just need some time to play later.
07-28-2009, 12:11 PM
So I tried it out. Control is just swiping the blocks. Simple. I Jane notgot to the more complicated levels yet. But it looks pretty much like the palm version. It us also nice the this dev credits the creator of the original ( even though it is published under the GNU license). I always like when people don't take credit for someone elses ideas and work.

S. I. D. What is this raising blocks? I have not heard of it but will check it out.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
07-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
So I tried it out. Control is just swiping the blocks. Simple. I Jane notgot to the more complicated levels yet. But it looks pretty much like the palm version. It us also nice the this dev credits the creator of the original ( even though it is published under the GNU license). I always like when people don't take credit for someone elses ideas and work.

S. I. D. What is this raising blocks? I have not heard of it but will check it out.
Well I had read Raising Blocks had a mode that is similar to Tetris Attack's puzzle mode, which it does. So I bought it, since I loved Tetris Attack.

Still need to play it more, but so far so good.

Vexed is awesome BTW, glad I bought it.