Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-03-2013, 06:14 PM

Default Tanktastic brings furious tank battles to your mobile device

Tanktastic is finally available on your iPad! Get it now!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:11 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

This is pretty good actually. Compared to Iron Force (Chillingos recent one like this) this is much more involving.

It was good enough for me to drop 5 on some coins (which I never do in free games usually) coz I wanted to try another tank but you still have to rank up to be able to unlock the better tanks so it isn't pay to win.

Worries me a bit that there is an option for premium account (1 month, 3 or 6) which gives double silver coins and xp. Buying IAP gives gold coins instead which lets you buy same tank at a slightly lower rank (saving some grinding).

There are loads of tanks but really you only need 1 or 2 for variety so it seems pretty fair. I couldn't figure out if the regions on offer are just tanks from different nations or if you have other maps in those regions which you have to own a relevant tank to play on. Think not as it only says about 3 maps in description - so I played all 3 already with just the free starter tank which is a shame.

Game is online only (cross platform with Android) and much more about team work than Iron Force. Maps are a bit bigger and the physics of the tanks is super. Shooting in sniper view mode is nice (recoil) and even in a crappy tank if you get a good position and work as a unit with teammates you can overcome stronger opponents.

Of course there could be improvements. Would be nice to be able to customise controls more (position of buttons, reverse Y axis) and turn music in menus off. Sounds are a bit crude too (distant shell fire is as loud as close fire, engine noise stays even whilst you wait to respawn).

And it's a bit rough round the edges generally but if you want a World of Tanks in your pocket I think this is the only option right now?

Now I gotta grind to be able to spend my 5
Old 09-07-2013, 09:55 PM

Thanks for your review. I forwarded your recommendations to the team and we will try to improve the game asap.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:49 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I also think that the game needs some more instructions!
I started the game and wasn't sure what the workshop was for as I can't seem to upgrade my tanks stats.
The buying of tanks and rank requirements needs more detailed explanation as I was unsure how it worked so that prevented me from making the decision to buy some coins.
I think the game needs to auto balance out teams in the quick game mode as you find that players starting the round late choose to join the team with the most players as it will give them better chance to win and get kills. So I found I was in games with 5 tanks on one team and 2 in the other team.
I think the game mechanic is great, really nice to see effort put into that, it is fantastic compared to Iron Force.
Doesn't drop out and lag like Iron Force, so you will find that the Anger and frustration that comes with playing Iron Force is not bubbling underneath your skin.
Look forward to seeing updates and how this game develops and evolves, as it has a great foundation for an awesome tank PvP game.
If you haven't checked it out then do yourself a favor and DL and give it a bash.
Thanks Devs .

Last edited by Alpha-One; 09-23-2013 at 06:53 PM..
Old 09-23-2013, 08:53 PM

It reminds me of World Of Tanks game..now I can play similar game on an Ipad!
Old 10-03-2013, 05:45 PM

Hey Alpha-One, thank you for your feedback! We will add more instructions in our next update.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:17 PM

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are finalizing the game's update and it will be available in 3 weeks. New tanks, exciting battle terrains and improved controllers are coming soon! In the meantime, please keep in touch with us on our Facebook and Twitter!