★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: From the creators of worldwide hit game: YUBI comes a new style of puzzle game.
Compete against others in a highly addictive color-matching puzzle game. Game also features a first of its kind, parallax "shifting" feature.

A long time ago the world was at threat of the Chroma Void Virus. The virus was pulling the color from the land, the human race had to fight back. A council was set in place to fight the oncoming plague of monotony, the council organized the Chroma Army. The war was won and color was restored all over the land. In more recent times people have been taking color for granted and the virus has reared its ugly head once again. The High Council has once again come back into action to form a new army that is using the newest technology available to fight back the monotony.

Chroma Dyadic is simple to learn and hard to master. Compete against friends, family and strangers all vying to power their Chroma Power Blocks to restore color to the world.

Akiratech's comments:
From the creators of worldwide hit game: YUBI comes a new style of puzzle game.
Compete against others in a highly addictive color-matching puzzle game. Game also features a first of its kind, parallax "shifting" feature.

A long time ago the world was at threat of the Chroma Void Virus. The virus was pulling the color from the land, the human race had to fight back. A council was set in place to fight the oncoming plague of monotony, the council organized the Chroma Army. The war was won and color was restored all over the land. In more recent times people have been taking color for granted and the virus has reared its ugly head once again. The High Council has once again come back into action to form a new army that is using the newest technology available to fight back the monotony.

Chroma Dyadic is simple to learn and hard to master. Compete against friends, family and strangers all vying to power their Chroma Power Blocks to restore color to the world.

The game also features "Perma-death" leaderboard scores. In other words every time you play the last score will have to be better than the last to maintain the top score on the leaderboards. Don't get comfortable with over 40 and counting countries playing someone always bound to knock you from your place on the leaderboards.

09-04-2013, 03:19 PM
That looks terrible, sorry but, dude. Maybe you could put some time into presentation, sometimes that helps a lot and if the gameplay is good than it could even be a hit, or maybe it is a hit to others.

09-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Sorry you feel that way but thanks for checking out the post/ Have you by chance downloaded and played it?
09-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepke View Post
That looks terrible, sorry but, dude. Maybe you could put some time into presentation, sometimes that helps a lot and if the gameplay is good than it could even be a hit, or maybe it is a hit to others.
The game is not so much aimed towards "hardcore" gamers (which i don't by the way don't like that term) but aimed towards a more casual crowd. Yes the "presentation" isn't great but we are a small group of Game Students trying to get our ideas out into the wild. Maybe we need a Marketing degree student lol
09-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiratech View Post
The game is not so much aimed towards "hardcore" gamers (which i don't by the way don't like that term) but aimed towards a more casual crowd. Yes the "presentation" isn't great but we are a small group of Game Students trying to get our ideas out into the wild. Maybe we need a Marketing degree student lol
I work with start ups, not gaming though, tried recently with an app project but that fell apart due to the incompetence of the person i worked with. But if possible try get someone to work on art and presentation, maybe try the dev community here or elsewhere, maybe someone would work with you for free on credits or if have to, on futures for lack of a better word. Good luck though.
09-04-2013, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepke View Post
I work with start ups, not gaming though, tried recently with an app project but that fell apart due to the incompetence of the person i worked with. But if possible try get someone to work on art and presentation, maybe try the dev community here or elsewhere, maybe someone would work with you for free on credits or if have to, on futures for lack of a better word. Good luck though.
Thanks for the encouragement and advice
09-04-2013, 04:53 PM
I tried it, since at free the price was right. It's not my cup of tea, though I don't want to deeply criticize it on a public forum. For free, it's worth giving a shot, but I think there's probably some work to do on presentation, gameplay, and interface design.