Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-05-2013, 10:06 AM

Default Siege Hero Wizards

Old 09-05-2013, 10:43 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

WOAH! I wasn't expecting this. I love Siege Hero more than Angry Birds or any of the other physics puzzlers out there. Looking at the appstore, this came out 8/7. Was it pulled or something and just now showing back up with a new update?

Anyone know what the IAP is for? The first game had special bombs you could buy, but not anywhere near necessary to play and finish every level in the game with 3 stars. They added the Age of Heroes dev pass back in July to let folks test levels in development... but also not needed.

I may just take one for the team here just because of my love for the first game.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:48 AM

It's so special. Download and learn more about this game.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:55 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Siege Hero was decent, but this needs to be more than a new level set, or I'll just play the first game again.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:11 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Well, I went ahead and bought it. I'll try it out during my lunch break but it seems like more than just a new level set as the entire projectile system appears to be new.

Here I thought this week I was going to end up getting nothing new (not that I need more games).
Old 09-05-2013, 12:04 PM

I have never played the original , and just bought this one so can't say to much about the gameplay. What I can say: it's not universal , there is an HD and an SD version . HD version looks great on my iPad 4. It has icloud sync , that's a big plus for me. AppStore description says in app purchases, as far as i can see the iap is to unlock levels early and to buy mana, which can be used to purchase spells. So sadly there is a consumable iap. You also get spells for free so I do not know if is really necessary to buy the consumable mana iap.There are also achievements (25) and three gamecentre leaderboards.

So to wrap it up, overall look and feel is great, but the depending how much the mana is needed, the consumable IAP part could be a huge let down
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (180.4 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Breinstein; 09-05-2013 at 12:20 PM..
Old 09-05-2013, 12:18 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Played some of the game. I guess overall thus far it's very similar to the first. The weapons are all different looking and the operate a little differently too. The fire for instance will spread and burn any wood connected and even, if planned right, can fall towards another wooden structure and set it on fire. So no it's more about controlling where you want the fire to spread when planning a shot than it is trying to eek out as much as possible from the couple blocks you could burn in the original game. The first world is 60 levels and there are 2 more to unlock so it may be 120 levels... it may be 180... I'll be able to tell more as I finish more of the game.

All in all, I'm pleased with the game. It's Siege Hero. I loved the targeting system in the original game and it works perfectly here too. No question about where you're aiming at so no fiddling with launch angles and other stuff and just smartly designed levels that you have to figure out how to destroy without killing the occasional good guy and using as few shots as possible.

Oddly the game title screen doesn't say "Siege Hero Wizards", rather it's "Siege Hero Age of Wizards". So sure it could have been an addon to the main game but as much fun as I had with the main game I'm happy to throw a dollar at the dev without having to deal with iap and stuff.

There are 3 leaderboards and 25 achievements.

I don't see anywhere to purchase stuff through IAP. I'm guessing it's just the 4 extra powers that are in the spell book atop the screen. I unlocked the first one by playing the game and it gave me a few shots to use an earthquake. I think when they run out maybe I'll get the option to buy more? Whatever the case I won't use them at anyway.

EDIT:

As for unlocking levels early through IAP, the second level set I can't do that but the third one did have a developer pass option on it just like the first Siege Hero. So I'm guessing now it's 60 levels in each of the first two sets and then more stuff as they finish it in the third.

Last edited by nightc1; 09-05-2013 at 12:20 PM..
Old 09-05-2013, 12:56 PM

About the IAP. Just before you start a level, you see the earthquake spell and a number next to it ie 2x when you press that , you can buy the mana
Old 09-05-2013, 01:27 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breinstein View Post
About the IAP. Just before you start a level, you see the earthquake spell and a number next to it ie 2x when you press that , you can buy the mana
Ah, that makes sense.

More on the gameplay, on the first set of levels at level 17 they introduce a completely new regular power. No spoilers, but it's nice to see something completely original. All in all I'm more than happy with the purchase. I hope the dev gets enough encouragement to add new levels to the game since it's in many ways different from the first. I went ahead and posted an appstore review.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:31 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Just like with the first game there is absolutely no need for IAP.
Unlike angry birds that gets crazy frustrating this game is actually fun. I am enjoying it so far.
I like that they introduce new projectiles here like hail and water. Anyway, I am glad to have another SH game to waste my time with.