★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Looking for: similar to Bike Baron

09-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Looking for: similar to Bike Baron

I cant wait to play the Trials game for iOS, so i wanted to play something in that genre first.

What are the best bike platforming games right now? Thanks in advance!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Joe Danger!!!!

09-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Draw Rider Plus
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/draw-rider-plus/id629059031?mt=8

Overlooked, underrated, and tied with Bike Baron IMO. Multiple vehicles, a great user level editor, slo mo dismemberment, really challenging levels.

Last edited by Bronxsta; 09-06-2013 at 07:53 PM.
09-06-2013, 12:22 AM
Joe danger

Close though it technically is a car is Aerodrift.

Not a motorcycle game, but jet car stunts kinda fits the mold.

There are alot of others, but bike baron, joe danger, and aerodrift are the best 2d track like games. Jet csr stunts is a fun stunt 3d game.
09-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Thanks guys. Im redownloading Joe Danger and will pickup Draw Rider Plus.

The only ones i remember are XTreme Wheels and Bike Baron. I remember non-bike ones too like MotoHeroz and Offroad Legends.

Anything else in the genre?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Speaking of bike apps, is Touchgrind BMX worth the asking price?
09-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Speaking of bike apps, is Touchgrind BMX worth the asking price?
I didn't like the way there were set paths. Most of the appeal of extreme sports is in the freedom of choice if you ask me, so sticking rigidly to the track and only performing the highest scoring tricks kinda sucks some of the soul out of it.

...but I don't know what the asking price is. It's not a bad game, it's just not the ideal BMX game.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
09-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Hill Climb Racing!
Its physics based, even on the moon map you are floating (a bit)

Rock(s) Rider
This one is close to being the real deal, almost. Read some reviews, haven't tried this game yet..
09-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I didn't like the way there were set paths. Most of the appeal of extreme sports is in the freedom of choice if you ask me, so sticking rigidly to the track and only performing the highest scoring tricks kinda sucks some of the soul out of it.

...but I don't know what the asking price is. It's not a bad game, it's just not the ideal BMX game.
Its about five bucks and never goes on sale. Thanks for the feedback.
09-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceraux View Post
Hill Climb Racing!
Its physics based, even on the moon map you are floating (a bit)

Rock(s) Rider
This one is close to being the real deal, almost. Read some reviews, haven't tried this game yet..
About to buy Rock(s) Rider, but im worried about the IAPs. Unnecessary?