★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

King Cashing 2 (universal) $4.99 > $1.99

09-06-2013, 12:10 PM
King Cashing 2 (universal) $4.99 > $1.99

09-06-2013, 12:32 PM
I've had my eye on this one for a while. Although I have read glowing reviews, something about it turns me off. I think it's most likely the slot machine mechanic. I should probably just get over that and dive in.

And good job including those video reviews, biggles! Very nice to have.
09-06-2013, 12:34 PM
great game.
09-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotDamn View Post
I've had my eye on this one for a while. Although I have read glowing reviews, something about it turns me off. I think it's most likely the slot machine mechanic. I should probably just get over that and dive in...
Initially this was my reaction to King Cashing 2; the slot mechanics can seem random. However, the game has a lot of polish and character it's worth playing. You can stop the slot machine wheels on demand so there is a dexterity component and battles can be challenging. It's not as "deep" as some other RPG style games but is a fun diversion worth $1.99. I still prefer Dungeon Plunder, which offers a different "spin" on the slot mechanic, but King Cashing 2 will keep you entertained for a while.

I was disappointed to read the developer has not had the desired success with King Cashing 2, if nothing else there's a ton of apparent attention to detail and design... it shows they really gave it their all.
09-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Initially this was my reaction to King Cashing 2; the slot mechanics can seem random. However, the game has a lot of polish and character it's worth playing. You can stop the slot machine wheels on demand so there is a dexterity component and battles can be challenging. It's not as "deep" as some other RPG style games but is a fun diversion worth $1.99. I still prefer Dungeon Plunder, which offers a different "spin" on the slot mechanic, but King Cashing 2 will keep you entertained for a while.

I was disappointed to read the developer has not had the desired success with King Cashing 2, if nothing else there's a ton of apparent attention to detail and design... it shows they really gave it their all.
That's all I really needed to hear from a fellow RPG enthusiast. I can certainly appreciate a polished game that was given deep love. The more I read about this, it isn't as random as I once thought like you. I always thought it lacked any sort of strategy. Either way though, Ill be grabbing this soon.

I don't think I've heard of Dungeon Plunder though, I'll have to give that a look for sure.