★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Top side scrolling RPGs

09-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Top side scrolling RPGs

I'm sure there is a thread out there for this somewhere so if there is and someone has the link please post, if not then I'd like some suggestions on games similar to swordigo, you know? Actual story, no IAP (or at least optional iap) and most of all not freemium, paid games only. Any suggestions would be helpful, I know chances are anything that's posted I've already played but I'm hoping for at least 1 or 2 games I haven't tried yet. Thank in advance for your help.

-The DBagga.
09-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Ninja Gaiga is alright.
Heavy Sword has potential

There is another but I can't remember the name! Ill post it the second I remember.

Can't believe there's not a sequel to Swordigo

09-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Have you played WazHack or DragonSlasher?
09-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Ninja Gaiga is alright.
Heavy Sword has potential

There is another but I can't remember the name! Ill post it the second I remember.

Can't believe there's not a sequel to Swordigo
Haha I've actually played ninja gaiga, it was alright, as you said. They definitely could have done a lot more for the game, I did have fun with it but at the same time I was very disappointed because, for a long time I had been looking for a legit ninja adventure game that was not an endless runner or a touch only throwing/slicing game, I wish I could find another, just a straight ninja game with story, levels, combo fighting, with or without RPG elements preferably with but, like I said if its not an endless runner or a throwing/slicing game I'd be willing to check it out. Thanks for the suggestions! It's just unfortunate that I've had so much time on my hands I've played them already, lol
09-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
Have you played WazHack or DragonSlasher?
Ah wazhack I tried and didn't care for it, dragon slasher was the side scrolling black and white game that had color depending on the type of enemy or armor, right? The game had no real detail because everything was fully colored in. If that's the game then yes I've played it, I loved it too, played nonstop until beaten. Thank you very much for your suggestions and even though I've already played them I still appreciate you taking time out of your day to help me.
09-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Check out "Reaper-Tale of a Pale Swordsman", when it is released later this month.

http://www.hexage.net/reaper/index.html
09-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
Check out "Reaper-Tale of a Pale Swordsman", when it is released later this month.

Nice, thanx I'm actually interested, you wouldn't happen to know when later this month would you? Next week with the next batch of new games? Or the last week of the month? I'm just curious and excited already lol.
09-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Paladog is fun, but it's just an action/arcade game, there is no story.
09-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post

Why doesn't this have its own thread?
09-07-2013, 12:29 PM
I've heard a lot about slayin, and it got a 5 star review from TA, but I've never actually played it.