★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

BlastTrax by James Gamble -> Free

09-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
BlastTrax by James Gamble -> Free

Already free in some international stores. Should go free in the US at 11pm if not sooner.

09-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Damn. Sucks to see this go free. It's a great arcade styled shooter that has a bit of depth the more you play and understand the game.

I have no regrets having bought it, and actually wish it had an IAP so I could support the dev even more... But it's one of very few hitting the store these days that's completely devoid of extra income after the original purchase. =o/

09-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Wow, that went free super super fast. Kinda a shame, cause this is a good game, but guess sales weren't going it's way.

Sorry to the people that I just got to buy it recently, but it is a good game, I sure hope this isn't adding ads or going freemium.

Too bad the appstore is coming down to this and games just going free so fast, but this game is a really good game.
09-07-2013, 04:52 PM
This game is great, deserves more attention. Here are my impressions:
Quote:
The shoot-em-up (or SHMUP) has been a well represented genre on IOS. Games like Phoenix HD, Sine Mora, and Infinity Field have all shown that touchscreens are ideal for frantic bullet-spewing action. BlastTrax is another worthy addition to the genre.

Developed by James Gamble - the man behind Spike Dislike 1 and 2, Sheep Goes Left, and more - BlastTrax plays like a cross between a racing game and a retro arcade shooter. Your blue vessel must reach the end of the track, avoiding the many enemies and projectiles in between or blowing them away with your trusty phaser. Poweups along the way provide more health or upgrade your weapon. The controls work perfectly and don't get in the way of the action. The standout is the colorful visuals; flashing explosives, flying bullets, power-ups enemies, all add to the hectic action onscreen.

Easy, Normal, and Hard mode await to test your skills. For 0.99, you get a fun SHMUP with a great visual style and more content - such as an even crazier arcade mode - is on the way.

Last edited by Bronxsta; 09-07-2013 at 06:41 PM.
09-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Might wanna be careful with that... Posting links to sites that you write for can get you put in time out
Oh, really? Didnt know that. Thanks for the heads up. Changed the post
09-07-2013, 07:08 PM
That's lame, this hasn't been out very long
09-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Jayenkai
Peaked at 40 sales in a day, averaged 10, last couple of days have been 1 and 3.

Given the HUGE number of reviews this game has gained over the past couple of weeks, I honestly thought it would do a smidgen better than that, and am really let down that it hasn't.

So, it's free for one single day. Sunday 8th September 2013.

Get the word out, and try to get some interest in this game in a vague attempt to keep me interested in it!!

All my current Apps from SpikeDislike, to Sheep Goes Left, Puzzobomb, NeonPlat and more!!
09-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayenkai View Post
Peaked at 40 sales in a day, averaged 10, last couple of days have been 1 and 3.

Given the HUGE number of reviews this game has gained over the past couple of weeks, I honestly thought it would do a smidgen better than that, and am really let down that it hasn't.

Get the word out, and try to get some interest in this game in a vague attempt to keep me interested in it!!
That doesn't seem like very many sales and I certainly had my 69p worth of fun, and I suppose this is the way the App Store goes these days.
Great game for 69p even better for free
09-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayenkai View Post

Really hope this helps! The Spike Dislike games were always among my favorite retro-ish games and this one earns high marks as well. It is really sad how there's so many crap games out there that make buttloads of money and an indie dev with talent can't get noticed. Bought this after seeing it got some GoTW votes from people I trust and then realized it was by the same Dev as Spike Dislike.

You know what. I just realized I don't have Sheep Goes Left. I'm going to pick it up to give you some support. Talent deserves to be supported.

Last edited by awp69; 09-07-2013 at 08:07 PM.
09-07-2013, 09:25 PM
support devs or wait next time... up to u