★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Nex - Squad Based FPS looks Kickass!!

07-28-2009, 12:48 PM
Nex - Squad Based FPS looks Kickass!!

Quote:
StarByte has let us know that their squad-based first person shooter Nex has finally been submitted to Apple for approve. We first reported on the game back in February.

You are in charge of a small human commando squad battling terrifying hoards of violent aliens in dark, gloomy, confined spaceship wastelands.

You’ll need razor-sharp reactions during solo missions and a combination of aggression and strategic planning when ordering your commando squad if you are to have any hope of meeting your varied mission objectives.

The game certainly sounds like an ambitious effort, and StarByte has released this new gameplay video in anticipation of the release:

Youtube link | Pop Up

The control pad on the screen seems to adopt a Wolf 3D style controller as default, though an accelerometer-based controls also appears to be available. Squad-based control of the game is detailed here:

Q. There are two (or three) commandos in my mission – which one am I?
A. You control one directly in the play screen. The others will carry out any orders they have. However, you can switch to any other commando by tapping the mini-commando icon on the play screen – you would then take direct control of him. If you switched into a commando currently under a move (or follow) order, you’ll see the intended path highlighted on the scanner. The other commandos will continue to carry out their orders. They are also aware of dangers and will turn to fire at any approaching aliens.

More details on the game as well as tips and FAQs can be found on StarByte's site. We're looking forward to trying this one out.
This looks so awesome!

Check out Smoof7 Productions!

Last edited by Vinny554; 07-28-2009 at 12:54 PM.
07-28-2009, 12:59 PM
I agree, glad it didn't get canned. Their was like no word of it since February. And its nice to see another game that utilizes movement controls similar to those found in Wolf Classic.

If only Doom Resurrection was like this...

07-28-2009, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cipher View Post
I agree, glad it didn't get canned. Their was like no word of it since February. And its nice to see another game that utilizes movement controls similar to those found in Wolf Classic.

If only Doom Resurrection was like this...
The only other FPS worth waiting for is LiveFire, and well, I waited....

07-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Looks good, I will download it, but the graphics look like Prey Invasion and I really didnt like the graphics in Prey Invasion
07-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourofl10 View Post
Looks good, I will download it, but the graphics look like Prey Invasion and I really didnt like the graphics in Prey Invasion
Eh, they werent bad. These look a little better.

07-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Price?

memory cards
07-28-2009, 01:22 PM
I love that logo.

Still waiting for a Half Life port =/

back
07-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
I love that logo.

Still waiting for a Half Life port =/
Still waiting for Livefire too, we all have dreams.
07-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Most definitely on my watch list. Hopefully this will go through in two weeks without any bumps...

1) Tried out AT&T tethering and did not have enough money for the pole.
2) Apple still hasn't fixed the no-hardware-keyboard bug.
3) Still can't use the "Cut" function on the AT&T bill...current 4.x issues
07-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Nex... related to Nexuiz by any chance?

Last edited by Kamazar; 07-28-2009 at 03:37 PM.