★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Star Boy is fun, old fashioned and challenging platform game filled with nostalgic big chunky pixels. Stretch your fingers, take a deep breath and help Star Boy to collect all those stars as fast as possible.

Key features:
- 2 worlds containing 24 levels of action
- Catchy world specific retro tunes
- Beautiful hand pixeled graphics
- Adorable main character
- Special power stars!
09-09-2013, 03:12 AM
The gameplay is ok, but it's clear that the developer was more focused on the graphics than the actual gameplay itself.
09-09-2013, 03:30 AM
Just bought it. I wouldnt say hes focused more on retro graphics than the game. Theres plenty of games out there with retro style graphics.

Surprised it takes so long to load though. Hopefully hes not going 'too retro' and replicating the time we used to wait when a tape loaded a game ! Think this will put a lot of people off, it was ridiculous how long it took

As for the game its nice and basic (and old skool !). Collect the stars to finish the level, starts off quite easy then more and more things get added, eg ghosts and other items.

Worth the money, still cant work out why it takes so long to load up a 5.9 meg game though
09-09-2013, 04:58 AM
We need some videos for this game.
09-09-2013, 07:13 AM
@psj3809 I mistakenly misworded my response to this game. I read what you wrote and agree, but I meant that the movement is clunky and kind of slow for my taste. With that being said, the game itself is pretty challenging and fun. I like the gravity flipping mechanic and the sense of interia it brings. Also, the description says why it takes a long time to load.
09-10-2013, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iOS2O View Post
The gameplay is ok, but it's clear that the developer was more focused on the graphics than the actual gameplay itself.
The graphics don't look too impressive and the load times don't sound so great.