Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-09-2013, 01:32 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Sword of the Stars: The Pit (sci-fi roguelike)

http://sots-thepit.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SotS: The Pit IndieGoGo
The Pit is short for The Pit of the Bloodweaver. In this game, you play a brave Human soldier exploring a multi-level underground lab facility. The place was built and abandoned years ago by the Bloodweaver, an alien super-genius with delusions of godhood. He was the ultimate mad scientist, and The Pit was his favorite box of tinker toys.

As you break through locked doors, open storage containers, dodge traps and evade security systems, you'll also have to contend with a variety of crazy foes. The Pit is full of the mutants, monsters and minions that the enemy left behind.

They're hungry, and you look like lunch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sots-thepit.com
•3 Characters to choose from…Marine, Pilot and Engineer!
•Go up levels and improve your skills as you try and find a way to survive the depths.
•30 Levels of ancient evil science between you and the cure!
•Dozens of enemies drawn from the SotSverse!
•Over 30 weapons and armors with a variety of special effects including flamethrowers, rocket launchers, plasma cannons and powered Brawler armor!
•Randomized augmentation effects to make each game unique
•Crafting lets you make special items from bits and pieces of your enemies.
•Over 60 items to discover, ranging from the familiar to the ancient exotic tech.
•Dozens of room types containing a host of exotic devices to help and hinder the player
•Many fiendish ways to die including poisoning, disease, traps, radiation, starvation and of course…MONSTERS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOG Description
A Sci-Fi dungeon-dive adventure with 3 player characters--the mighty Marine, the brainy Engineer, or the thrifty Scout-- using hundreds of items and weapons to face off against dozens and dozens of monsters over 30 floors!A new randomized Pit to explore each time you start a new game!Turn-based game play allows you to play for a few minutes or a few hours!

Overview:
A deadly plague ravages your world. Your last hope: a legendary alien facility dug deep into the Feldspar Mountains...a massive Pit, built by the ancient Suul'ka.

Sword of the Stars: The Pit is a fun, fast, light-hearted turn-based RPG, where the tradition of Rogue and other old school dungeon-diving games meets the sci-fi Sword of the Stars universe, where the question to ask isn't "Did you make it to the end?" so much as "How far did you make it into The Pit before the monsters got you?"

Ancient alien underground complex is just as good a setting for a roguelike game as any other dungeon, so find out just how deep you can get in this modern Sci-Fi turn-based RPG. Be brave, press on for the sake of your planet, and when all else fails, go out in a blaze of glory!
It's hard to find forum friendly screenshots but there are large screenshots, and video, here:
http://www.gog.com/game/sword_of_the_stars_the_pit#s_2
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SOTSPIT...-stars-the-pit

Note: I e-mailed the developers and they confirmed they are still working on an iPad port due in some months.

Last edited by undeadcow; 09-09-2013 at 01:36 PM..
Old 09-10-2013, 08:13 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

nice! looks like fun. roguelikes are the only game that tends to hold my interest longer than a few hours, i just wish the good ones weren't so few and far between.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:52 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

This is coming to IOS? Awesome, love this game on PC
Old 09-10-2013, 09:06 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Wait a minute.
SOTS is a 4X on PC.
This looks like anything but.
Are these the same developers?
Or someone just using the name to grab attention?
Old 09-10-2013, 09:09 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by saansilt View Post
Wait a minute.
SOTS is a 4X on PC.
This looks like anything but.
Are these the same developers?
Or someone just using the name to grab attention?
SotS: The Pit is a sci-fi rogue-like based in the SotS universe and by the same devs as the main game. It was released on PC a while back and already has its first DLC, Mindgames.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:27 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

They had always said, even on their Kickstarter page, that they HOPED to port their game over to iOS and Android but I'll believe it when I see it. I love the game on the PC and think it should be possible to port it over, but leery of vague and hazy developer promises from a small developer that has never released on iOS before.

Also worth noting that their dedication to their PC game is AMAZING! Since the release of their expansion in July they've addressed every user found issue (as well as some probably only they knew) in near weekly patches. These patches not only fixed broken aspects but routinely found ways to improve the UI and add new content (crafting recipes, items, and monsters). Even cooler, at any point one of these new patches broke something (which happens when kicking these puppies out so fast), they'd routinely get out a hotfix on Steam within just a couple of days.

Last edited by LordGek; 09-10-2013 at 10:34 AM..
Old 09-10-2013, 08:19 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Whoa,I was a bit excited...So its not the same game as the PC!?Why the heck not?!

4X is so suitable for tablets..

Edit:Oh I just read the bottom part of the post..So this will be their PR app..Well hope its good..

Last edited by Alister; 09-10-2013 at 08:21 PM..
Old 09-10-2013, 09:59 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister View Post
Whoa,I was a bit excited...So its not the same game as the PC!?Why the heck not?!

4X is so suitable for tablets..

Edit:Oh I just read the bottom part of the post..So this will be their PR app..Well hope its good..
Yep, their roguelike, The Pit, set in the Sword of the Stars universe.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:11 AM

I'll take my eyes on this game.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:59 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
I'll take my eyes on this game.
er... what?