Final Fantasy Agito by Square Enix

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Haruhi, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Nice find!!Type 0 was never translated to English..Hope its will be available internationlly..:D

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Oh hell yeah... Bring it on. My $30 is ready. LOL

3. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I would be willing to pay anything, even up to $60, as long as its not mired in Theatrythm style iAP mess.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL yeah... But umm... I already bought all the songs in Theatrhythm, but im still lacking a lot of the characters... They're just to expensive. Im actually buying songs or characters only when i havent bought much for the week. o_O

5. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Also, note that this is not Type-0 but the prequel that was originally supposed to be for phones when Agito was originally announced.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Aw man... this bums me outs. I thought it was the real deal.

However I remember seeing the old phone version long ago, I think it's where you take photos of real objects to create materia? Something like that? But I remember it having beautiful art still :)

7. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Are you guys rich? How can you just place $30 / $60 just like that :)

8. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    finally 3D Final Fantasy is coming yeah tnx

9. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    FF Type-0 is a full-fledged action RPG and one of the best PSP games in recent times, if S-E was to port that game to iOS I would have no problem at all paying the same amount that a normal PSP game costs.

10. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    "The flow of the game will be similar to those of other free-to-play mobile games, where you have Action Power that is recovered over time and is consumed when you accept missions."

"The cash paid premium items will have features such as Action Power recovery items, ability lotteries, and continues for failed missions."

Ugh. However, the support for async play for team missions (other players) sounds interesting, as does the storytelling aspect.

As someone who knows next to nothing about Type-0, what do players think the effect will be of the above mechanics (if the article is accurate)? FWIW, the freemium with timers aspect, means I'll pass.

11. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Sad, but it's encouraging to know that S-E hasn't completely forgotten Type-0.

12. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Ok so SE announcing a new Final Fantasy gets my attention. New Final Fantasy for iOS perks my ears up a tad more. Than I read Free to Play. Significantly less excited. Than I read energy system being implemented. Damn It!

I'm still interested, and hopeful it will have some sort of timer unlock. And yeah they reassure us that it can be played the whole way through without spending a dime, but timers pretty much ruin game experiences. Plus like other have said, I don't want to play through the game for free because of said timers or IAP, I want to pay to play, damn it. The idea of playing multiple cycles and building up your class is really cool though.

13. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    The trailer looks fantastic, too bad about the freemium push.

14. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Wow trailer looked amazing then I read about freemium and I'm completely not excited anymore. From that video it looked like a legit ff game. If it was I'd be so excited. Now with timers especially that just ruins everything.

15. DarkLo

DarkLo Member

Sep 10, 2013
    No confirmation of a western release yet right?

16. [​IMG]
    Type-0 localization next please.

17. tzuptzop

tzuptzop Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    #20 tzuptzop, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
    will be out in europe? looking forward for this realese, 2bad is not a premium game, 5-10$ on sale and no agressive iap...