★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Mad Freebording is a skating game featuring the new sport Freebording. It feels like snowboarding the streets. This game offers over 30 missions on 18 levels, large variety of clothes and items, realistic levels and pure fun. Ride, level up, improve your skills, customize your clothes and get involved with the world of freebording! This game is the successor of Freebord The Game.

FreebordMAD's comments:
Here I want to introduce my newest Game to you. Any feedback is highly appreciated!

Mad Freebording is a skating game featuring the new sport Freebording. It feels like snowboarding the streets. This game offers over 30 missions on 18 levels, large variety of clothes and items, realistic levels and pure fun. Ride, level up, improve your skills, customize your clothes and get involved with the world of freebording!

Here some pictures:

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/mad-freebording-snowboarding/id649387920?mt=8
09-11-2013, 08:08 AM
Hmm. This actually looks kinda cool.

09-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Looks decent but its a crazy decision to put the main controls on the bottom right and the buttons bottom left.

Practically every other game always has this reversed (unless theres an option)
09-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Will check that. Just finished downloading this.

Edit: Imps ahoy!
Ads in the top right corner.
Controls can't be flipped.
Seems cool but with controls being like they are, I wasn't able to derive much enjoyment.
Asks to login or play offline, thus having no highscores.

Last edited by saansilt; 09-11-2013 at 09:02 AM.
09-12-2013, 03:15 AM
Great thanks for the feedback !!!

CONTROLS
I see the controls being on the right was a bad idea...
BUT!!!
I have already submitted a newer version to Apple! As soon as it is approved the controls will be customizable (changing size and position). There will also be one more control mode with buttons.
If you all think that the controls need to be on the left size I will set this to default in the next version!

Offline highscores are already on the wish list and will be available in future.
09-12-2013, 03:30 AM
1 word: Great. Looks forward to trying it soon.
09-12-2013, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreebordMAD View Post
Great thanks for the feedback !!!

CONTROLS
I see the controls being on the right was a bad idea...
BUT!!!
I have already submitted a newer version to Apple! As soon as it is approved the controls will be customizable (changing size and position). There will also be one more control mode with buttons.
If you all think that the controls need to be on the left size I will set this to default in the next version!
I still dont get why some devs have the directional stick on the right. Havent you guys ever experienced (or at least seen) the arcades, nes, snes, sega gen, n64, ps1,2,3, psp, ds, ndsl, 360, etc? All their directional pads are mainly on the left.

The game looks decent, so when the update hits with the directional controls on the left, i will give this a shot.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-12-2013, 04:07 AM
Yep same here, looking forward to the update. Strange decision in the first place but top marks for adding the ability to change that

Please let us know once the update hits
09-12-2013, 04:53 AM
Ok I will post here as soon as I hear news from Apple!

You are right all racing games on consoles such as ps and xbox use the left stick... that's my fault. Actually I grew up with those things so I have no idea why I have placed the joystick on the right sorry for this . It will be on the left by default in the next version!
09-18-2013, 04:56 AM
The newest patch for Mad Freebording is out now on App Store, after gathering feedback on the internet in various forums here are the most wanted features:
- bought items are auto equipped if they are better + shop offers if you can buy better items
- skill points must be spend and it is impossible to forget this anymore
- customizable controls (size + left or right handed) with preview
- new control mode with buttons

Mad Freebording on App Store

If you have any other wishes and would like to see some changes in the game please tell us!

@psj3809:
@saansilt:
@Exact-Psience:
now you can move the controls to the left, as I said in the next version they will be on the left by default Great thanks again for the feedback!