★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Nintendo?

07-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Nintendo?

I wish nintendo would make some Ipod touch/ iphone apps! I know apple is kind of a rival of nintendo, but if they made a mario app, donkey kong app, etc., they could have more popularity and more $$$. Come on nintendo!

OMG. Double Rainbow!
User ID: Gryphon23 Agon: Gman23
"Birthday Cake, is just Birthday Cake without a little gravy..." Gravy makes EVERYTHING better.
07-28-2009, 07:59 PM
or they could fail like Sega and release games that dont work

07-28-2009, 08:00 PM
i wish i was a rockstar
07-28-2009, 08:01 PM
i wish i had a pet dragon, but you don't always get what you want.

but seriously Nintendo makes enough money with the ds, wii etc. they wont make iphone games.

yslandia- bruce lee. plus+/openfeint-sundance kid. gamecenter-hitmonleeurface
currently playing: yslandia, mega worm,bit trip beat,meow meow happy fight, zombie highway,monster dash,eboy fixpix,land air sea warfare.
07-28-2009, 08:02 PM
I wish Halo would come.
Really?
Come on Gryphon, a new person would know better than this

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
07-28-2009, 08:16 PM
I wish they'd port the Super Mario series for XLA. It's a much more lethal option.
07-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to mobile1up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon23 View Post
I wish nintendo would make some Ipod touch/ iphone apps! I know apple is kind of a rival of nintendo, but if they made a mario app, donkey kong app, etc., they could have more popularity and more $$$. Come on nintendo!
we did some nintendo games - they just sent us a cease-n-decist.

they show now intention of doing anything on the iphone/ipod touch - not even licensing their brand for other developers to share royalties with them. their focus is on doing nothing on iphone/ipod touch so that everyone buys the nintendo ds instead - what they consider a real mobile gaming console.

nintendo could make money from licensing; but, whats a few million when their turn over is in the billions - whats big cash for some is small fry for them; not even worth hiring lawyers to write up any agreements.

// Aaron Ardiri
Mobile 1UP is a proud indie developer - support us!
developer of Caveman / Caveman HD and GW Series
07-28-2009, 08:25 PM
i wish nintendo would port some classic N64 games to the iPhone. Not those crappy games they make for the DS
07-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to mobile1up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown. View Post
i wish nintendo would port some classic N64 games to the iPhone. Not those crappy games they make for the DS
nintendo have game and watch games for nintendo ds - but, i would love them to compare them to the iphone/ipod touch versions we created; we received a 92% retro rating in retro gamer magazine.. so much for homebrew/indie dev.

// Aaron Ardiri
Mobile 1UP is a proud indie developer - support us!
developer of Caveman / Caveman HD and GW Series
07-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Maybe Nintendo will come out with their own iPhone like device in the future with their own App store.