Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-11-2013, 06:45 AM

Default Pet Peaves Monsters - (by RED Interactive Agency) [Universal]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 09-14-2013 at 06:03 PM..
Old 09-11-2013, 07:25 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

That multi screen gimmick is going to sell this to my house; my kids will go ape if it actually works.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:48 PM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
That multi screen gimmick is going to sell this to my house; my kids will go ape if it actually works.
Remember you can buy this on one account and use it on al you're devices
Old 09-11-2013, 05:18 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooh View Post
Remember you can buy this on one account and use it on al you're devices
This isn't news, but thanks for thinking of me

The flexible DRM of the app store is why my kids have touches instead of Nintendo handhelds any more.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:24 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

So is this FREE? The article on TA showing gameplay has it listed as free. That can't be good. Pay to evolve faster or wait???? Pay to win?
Old 09-12-2013, 08:36 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Aw no iPad2 again, shame I quite like the look of this.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:54 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

For what is a ridiculously simplistic game, the execution is well done. Lot of facial animations for the peaves and the virtual pet playing works well enough.

I got this because my son loves these "yappin critter in the center of the screen" games (and then, unfortunately, found out it won't run on his 4G touch, DOH, good thing he has a birthday coming up relatively soon). My daughter has a 5G touch so I'll try the arena combat out with her later after school.

Right now the gist is this:

Monster has 3 stats, accuracy, health, and speed. What you feed them and what toys you play with them while they're evolving have some influence on those stats. Once they're adults, you can either engage in 4 way battles against AI or local vs mode. You win coins and monsters gain experience through battle. As shown in the TA plays video, the only thing you can do during combat is determine target and, at some point according to the description, use supermoves (haven't unlocked this yet). More toy types and foods unlock as you battle so, in theory, there's some sort of depth here for how you want to evolve your peaves but, so far, it seems to make little difference.

Only IAP is for more coins, but it doesn't look like there is any reason to buy them. They start you with 5K coins and you win ~150/battle even at that the beginning levels and, so far, most expensive thing in the store was 25 coins.

I wouldn't think there's anything here to hold the attention span of teens & adults, but younger children will probably enjoy the bejesus out of it.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:07 PM
Banned
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Send a message via Yahoo to iPadCary Send a message via Skype™ to iPadCary

No iPad 2?!?
FAIL!
Old 09-12-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadCary View Post
No iPad 2?!?
FAIL!
Don't get it, it's compatible with the mini but not ipad 2 why?
Old 09-12-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
For what is a ridiculously simplistic game, the execution is well done. Lot of facial animations for the peaves and the virtual pet playing works well enough.

I got this because my son loves these "yappin critter in the center of the screen" games (and then, unfortunately, found out it won't run on his 4G touch, DOH, good thing he has a birthday coming up relatively soon). My daughter has a 5G touch so I'll try the arena combat out with her later after school.

Right now the gist is this:

Monster has 3 stats, accuracy, health, and speed. What you feed them and what toys you play with them while they're evolving have some influence on those stats. Once they're adults, you can either engage in 4 way battles against AI or local vs mode. You win coins and monsters gain experience through battle. As shown in the TA plays video, the only thing you can do during combat is determine target and, at some point according to the description, use supermoves (haven't unlocked this yet). More toy types and foods unlock as you battle so, in theory, there's some sort of depth here for how you want to evolve your peaves but, so far, it seems to make little difference.

Only IAP is for more coins, but it doesn't look like there is any reason to buy them. They start you with 5K coins and you win ~150/battle even at that the beginning levels and, so far, most expensive thing in the store was 25 coins.

I wouldn't think there's anything here to hold the attention span of teens & adults, but younger children will probably enjoy the bejesus out of it.
GREAT review. Thanks!