App description: Peaves arent just monsters - theyre hilarious pets with attitude! Raise your peave from an adorable larva to a well-trained adult with incredible battle powers. Then challenge friends to throw down and see whose peave is king in multiplayer versus mode!

"I really enjoy raising peaves, especially since the game's playful and humorous take on raising monsters easily put me in a better mood." - Arcade Sushi

"The game has effectively grown up the Tamagotchi mold into a whole new experience." - Apple'n'Apps

GROWING PEAVES
* Raise up to 8 peaves, each in their own box!
* Get a peave larva from the pet store
* Feed it some tasty grubs
* Shake the box to trigger a transformation!
* Give your peave a favorite toy
* Teach it to play catch!
* Play some music, watch your peave get funky!
* Feed your peave more bugs to trigger transformations!
* Decorate your pet's box with cool stuff!
* 12 unique species, infinite colors and patterns
* No two peaves are alike!

BATTLING PEAVES
* Shake a fully grown monster to peave him out!
* Each species has a unique attack or ability!
* Battle other monsters with amazing powers!
* Use mushrooms to trigger amazing super moves!
* Win battles to collect coins and level up!
* Unlock new items and exotic new peave species
* Four unique battle arenas to throw down in!

MULTIPLAYER VS MODE
* Challenge nearby friends to see whose peave is king
* Combine up to four iPhone, iPad, and iPod screens into one mega monster battle arena
* Last peave standing is the victor!

STORAGE REQUIREMENTS
For Pet Peaves Monsters to function properly there needs to be some free space on the device. Problems with the game loading can usually be resolved by freeing up some storage and in some cases restarting the device.

Sanuku's comments:

09-11-2013, 07:25 AM
That multi screen gimmick is going to sell this to my house; my kids will go ape if it actually works.

Game Center : "Chip H.". Grand Poobah of Troop "Touch Arcade" in Battle Camp (referral code: hns1w1 )

09-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
That multi screen gimmick is going to sell this to my house; my kids will go ape if it actually works.
Remember you can buy this on one account and use it on al you're devices
09-11-2013, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooh View Post
Remember you can buy this on one account and use it on al you're devices
This isn't news, but thanks for thinking of me

The flexible DRM of the app store is why my kids have touches instead of Nintendo handhelds any more.

Game Center : "Chip H.". Grand Poobah of Troop "Touch Arcade" in Battle Camp (referral code: hns1w1 )
09-11-2013, 09:24 PM
So is this FREE? The article on TA showing gameplay has it listed as free. That can't be good. Pay to evolve faster or wait???? Pay to win?
09-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Aw no iPad2 again, shame I quite like the look of this.
09-12-2013, 08:54 AM
Game Impressions

For what is a ridiculously simplistic game, the execution is well done. Lot of facial animations for the peaves and the virtual pet playing works well enough.

I got this because my son loves these "yappin critter in the center of the screen" games (and then, unfortunately, found out it won't run on his 4G touch, DOH, good thing he has a birthday coming up relatively soon). My daughter has a 5G touch so I'll try the arena combat out with her later after school.

Right now the gist is this:

Monster has 3 stats, accuracy, health, and speed. What you feed them and what toys you play with them while they're evolving have some influence on those stats. Once they're adults, you can either engage in 4 way battles against AI or local vs mode. You win coins and monsters gain experience through battle. As shown in the TA plays video, the only thing you can do during combat is determine target and, at some point according to the description, use supermoves (haven't unlocked this yet). More toy types and foods unlock as you battle so, in theory, there's some sort of depth here for how you want to evolve your peaves but, so far, it seems to make little difference.

Only IAP is for more coins, but it doesn't look like there is any reason to buy them. They start you with 5K coins and you win ~150/battle even at that the beginning levels and, so far, most expensive thing in the store was 25 coins.

I wouldn't think there's anything here to hold the attention span of teens & adults, but younger children will probably enjoy the bejesus out of it.

09-12-2013, 02:07 PM
No iPad 2?!?
FAIL!
09-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadCary View Post
No iPad 2?!?
FAIL!
Don't get it, it's compatible with the mini but not ipad 2 why?
09-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
For what is a ridiculously simplistic game, the execution is well done. Lot of facial animations for the peaves and the virtual pet playing works well enough.

I got this because my son loves these "yappin critter in the center of the screen" games (and then, unfortunately, found out it won't run on his 4G touch, DOH, good thing he has a birthday coming up relatively soon). My daughter has a 5G touch so I'll try the arena combat out with her later after school.

Right now the gist is this:

Monster has 3 stats, accuracy, health, and speed. What you feed them and what toys you play with them while they're evolving have some influence on those stats. Once they're adults, you can either engage in 4 way battles against AI or local vs mode. You win coins and monsters gain experience through battle. As shown in the TA plays video, the only thing you can do during combat is determine target and, at some point according to the description, use supermoves (haven't unlocked this yet). More toy types and foods unlock as you battle so, in theory, there's some sort of depth here for how you want to evolve your peaves but, so far, it seems to make little difference.

Only IAP is for more coins, but it doesn't look like there is any reason to buy them. They start you with 5K coins and you win ~150/battle even at that the beginning levels and, so far, most expensive thing in the store was 25 coins.

I wouldn't think there's anything here to hold the attention span of teens & adults, but younger children will probably enjoy the bejesus out of it.
GREAT review. Thanks!