★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Fiends Gate (by one of them games) [Universal]

09-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Fiends Gate (by one of them games) [Universal] - On Sale!

Hi everyone, my name is Curt and I am very excited to present my very first iOS game: Fiends Gate!

Youtube link | Pop Up

(note: video is a little low res and choppy, and there is no sound. I assure you the game looks and runs brilliant on iOS devices, and of course there is sound in game )

The game should be out tonight, for all I know it may be out in New Zealand already!

I have been checking out these forums for awhile, as well as listening to the podcast for about a year. After last weeks episode, I was inspired to finally reach out to the forum and see what you all think!

The game is a hardcore action platformer. It costs $1.99, but there are ZERO IAP or ads.

Key Features:

25 levels with 4 separate challenges per level! Hours of deep, varied game play, everything from twitched out speed runs to carefully paced precision platforming.

Speed run leader boards for every level!

Over 50 items to unlock to customize your character!

I have only tested the game on iphone 4s and newer, and ipad2 and newer so I am not sure how well it will run on older devices.

I would be happy to answer any questions about the game!

Thanks for looking, and I hope to see you on the leader boards very soon!

-Curt

P.S. Here is my app store description:

Would you sacrifice yourself for the one you love?

Prepare to enter Fiends Gate, an epic action platformer.

Run, jump, double jump and power slide through 25 beautiful fully 3D worlds on your quest. One of the best looking 3D platformers on iOS.!

Multiple ways to progress through the game: collect items, find hard to reach special chests, or speed run through levels!

Over 50 items to unlock to customize your character!

Full game! No in app purchases or ads.

Fast, responsive touch control action! Fiends Gate was designed from the ground up to offer precise control on touch devices.

Designed to be played on the go, or on the couch. Have a minute and want to play a quick round? Cool! I want to sit down for an hour and really dig in? You can do that too!

An epic quest: Over 100 challenges and 25 leader boards. Hours of gameplay!

25 levels!
100 unique challenges!
50+ unlockable items to customize your character!
25 Leaderboards!

Last edited by CurtM; 10-05-2013 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Added screenshot
09-12-2013, 11:58 AM
The game is out!

Hi everyone, I just wanted to add a quick note: the game is now out! You can find it by searching for fiends gate on the app store, or following this link:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fiends-gate/id670616586?ls=1&mt=8

To celebrate, I decided to give out a few promo codes:

9ENTJ3MT39RF
47JPLYA7PFWX
H6PNPK9X7H46

If you use one, please post here to let other users know. Let me know what you think of the game! I can't wait to see some people on the leader boards, it's gonna be fun

09-12-2013, 12:02 PM

Redeemed 47JPLYA7PFWX, Thank You very much!

I'll give it a play tonight and leave imps later.

Last edited by ojtitus; 09-12-2013 at 12:11 PM.
09-12-2013, 12:05 PM
used 9ENTJ3MT39RF
installing now
ty
09-12-2013, 12:23 PM
played first level and half of 2nd level, looks like prince of persia... but i like it, levels are not easy and i like the simple style
whats the goal of the game? you just collect things and discover stuffs? allready found some equipment and changed my character look,) some achievements would be nice to add in future update. i'll play later and post more impressions

Last edited by tzuptzop; 09-12-2013 at 12:36 PM.
09-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzuptzop View Post
played first level and half of 2nd level, looks like prince of persia... but i like it, levels are not easy and i like the simple style
whats the goal of the game? you just collect things and discover secret stuffs?
i'll play more later and post more impressions

Thanks, prince of Persia is a definite influence on the game. The game is meant to be tough, but hopefully not too tough A good challenge I hope!

The game is broken up into 5 worlds, with 5 levels each (1-1, 1-2 etc.) Each level has 4 objectives:

Reach the end of the level
Collect all the shards(coins)
Find the hard to reach treasure chest
And beat the goal time

as you accomplish these goals, you progress through the game. You get 1 percent progress for every goal you accomplish, as well as unlock new items (the first time you finish a level, and also when you complete all goals for a level) to customize your character.

Controls:
A = shield, power slide and crouch
B = Jump
C = Attack

Tips:
Use slide to your advantage! Sliding makes you go significantly faster, which is nice for speed runs!

To customize your character, select "Character" from the main menu.

There is a story to the game, it will all make sense when you complete it

Thanks for playing, and if anyone needs any more tips or you get stuck or anything like that I will be more then happy to help and answer any questions!
09-12-2013, 12:40 PM
yeah, the game is pretty hard on some levels, i found some gear and equiped my character (changed his look). 'till now i like it
ty&gl
09-12-2013, 03:37 PM
This looks really good. Any other impressions?
09-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
This looks really good. Any other impressions?
Thanks! I know I am slightly biased, but I think its pretty good

Also, did anyone use this promo code:

H6PNPK9X7H46

?

Might still be up for grabs!
09-12-2013, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtM View Post
Thanks! I know I am slightly biased, but I think its pretty good

Also, did anyone use this promo code:

H6PNPK9X7H46

?

Might still be up for grabs!
Somebody used that code apparently, just tried it...