★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mana Aegis - ambitious old-school fantasy RPG side-scroller

09-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Mana Aegis - ambitious old-school fantasy RPG side-scroller

I'm not the dev, saw this game on SlideDB, looks promising

Mana Aegis is an ambitious old-school fantasy RPG, side-scroller, combining classic RPG elements with an open-dynamic combat system, multiplayer and fancy pixel graphics on top.

Coming to iPhone, iPad, Android, PC, Mac, Linux
Currently in early development stage, Mana Aegis is going to be powered by the Unity3d engine. It will play as a level based side-scroller but this is by far as simple as it may sound, as even though every graphical element is being drawn inside 2d soft, the game's substrate is 3D at core.

We aim to bring replayability as the strongest point of the game, backed up by pretty graphics and cross platform support. With that in mind, here are a few details on how the game will play..

You control your character by moving left-right and jumping while having 2 buttons reserved for your "action gear". By "action gear" we mean any equip-able item, whether a shield, sword, staff, etc. So whether you'll want to go ahead and get past enemies by using 2 shields, or simply deciding which hand should use a shield and which a sword, or if both hands use a staff or huge sword it doesn't matter - we won't let this stop you. You get 2 slots of dynamically usable gear - each for a hand of course and you decide the plan of action.

There will be plenty of enemy types, drops of gear and consumables, shops, stats, as well as skills for each class without the use of extra buttons! You will not choose a class at the start, each stat point you chose upon level up defines your class allowing you to activate specific class skills later in the game. And did I mention plenty of enemy types? And o lot of blood! Because it's fun. So yeah!
On characters and animations
On enemies

09-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Really digging the art direction that this has taken. Looking forward to its progression.

It's cool, refreshing, and irresistibly tantalizing...ChocoVanilla Ice-Cream!

09-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Wow, looking for this one, need more info about this
09-11-2013, 03:35 PM
This looks very promising, excited to see how this will turn out. We need more info!
09-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Mana Aegis Development info

Hi guys!

Currently, the only place to follow Mana Aegis weekly development is http://www.indiedb.com/games/mana-aegis
We write up news every week, mainly regarding development progress we go through.

I invite you to track our project and get involved in our community at any time!

09-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Count me in as a fan! Love the artwork and I'm intrigued by the RPG elements and replayibility.
09-17-2013, 11:19 AM
You had me at "rpg" and "multiplayer" all the rest makes this game a must have for me!
11-03-2013, 11:54 PM
Some recent images from the SlideDB page:

11-04-2013, 02:59 AM
Originally Posted by Rejera View Post
You had me at "rpg" and "multiplayer" all the rest makes this game a must have for me!
Actually, this has me worried. This usually spells freemium.

Let's hope im wrong.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-04-2013, 03:22 AM
Love the pixel art too much.

Pine Entertainment