Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-14-2013, 12:28 PM

Default MicRogue - Strategy Puzzle Game.

Hi guys, I wanted to tell everyone about the next game I am working on.

MicRogue

You move a hero through a tower of enemies. Its very similar to a chess style game of moving into a space kills an enemy, and you are equally fragile. All enemies will do different things, so it becomes a balancing game of managing enemies and their positions.

I am going to try updating this regularly to keep everyone up to date. as well as answering any questions. Next time I will talk about the difficultly increase and unlocks.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:38 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

MicRogue looks great, keep us updated. Relic Rush was a bit too casual for my taste. Will there be loot?
Old 09-14-2013, 05:55 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Oh this looks good.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:33 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Reminds me of Ending but with pixel graphics, looks cool. Will be keeping an eye on this one
Old 09-15-2013, 10:03 AM

Look nice, want to see gameplay vid
Old 09-15-2013, 01:13 PM

undeadcow: there will be no loot for the heroes. I want the heroes to be really disposable, like you are just sending guy after guy into this tower to get treasures. That said there will be treasures, which I will cover further down in the post. I am also aiming something a bit harder then Relic Rush. I went with a really broad appeal on that, and this game seems to be a bit more focused.

Bronxsta: I have actually talked with Aaron. We have had a lot of the same ideas, but came at them from different points.

_Max_: I don't actually know how I can capture video yet. So it might just be animated gifs for the time being.

Gameplay: the game currently works like this. the player enters the tower and begins climbing floors to get the treasure. Levels and Monsters are all randomized. When a player gets the treasure, the evil lord of the tower becomes angry and does something to make the tower harder. Adding more floors, New Enemies, and traps. players will be able to look at each treasure which will all have little back stories and also amount of heroes that died getting the treasure.

All enemies are also different. for example the Rat moves one space in the cardinal directions, where as the skeleton moves one space diagonally. Later on the enemies become a bit more difficult, like enemies that hinder play movement, are unkillable, or teleport around the level.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:06 AM

today going to talk a bit about the trap system

so usually in games, a trap is a unseeable square that you wander into, and you usually have no way of dodging it. That didnt really work for this game though so I went with something a bit different. I wanted traps to be something you can use to your advantage, so traps will be always visible, and they will also go off at specific intervals.

Spikes: Spikes will shoot out of the ground every 3 turns. killing anything that is currently standing in that space.

Statues: Statues will stand guard and will attack the player if he moves with in one space of them in the cardinal directions. Monsters will be fine though so this gives space the player can not traverse, but the monsters can.

Walls: Walls that alternate from being down and passable to up and blocking player and monsters.

Fireball A column that will blast fire in a cardinal direction, alternating around clockwise.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:28 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonHPickering View Post
today going to talk a bit about the trap system

so usually in games, a trap is a unseeable square that you wander into, and you usually have no way of dodging it. That didnt really work for this game though so I went with something a bit different. I wanted traps to be something you can use to your advantage, so traps will be always visible, and they will also go off at specific intervals.

Spikes: Spikes will shoot out of the ground every 3 turns. killing anything that is currently standing in that space.

Statues: Statues will stand guard and will attack the player if he moves with in one space of them in the cardinal directions. Monsters will be fine though so this gives space the player can not traverse, but the monsters can.

Walls: Walls that alternate from being down and passable to up and blocking player and monsters.

Fireball A column that will blast fire in a cardinal direction, alternating around clockwise.
This sounds cool. A lot of stuff to consider. Anticipating this

Will it be free or paid?
Old 09-19-2013, 09:11 AM

paid. I am thinking 1.99, but it will launch at a sale price of 99 cents. Also thinking about maybe doing an ad supported version, but that's all pretty up in the air at the moment, but if you follow along it will be 99 cents and no IAP, so no need to worry about that.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:29 PM

So I need a few extra beta-testers (Web version). Would anybody be interested?