Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-16-2013, 06:52 PM

Default TownCraft (by Flat Earth Games)

Old 09-16-2013, 07:10 PM

Ive found this game to be deceptively deep and very much engrossing. While crafting is an integral part of this game it is only the means to an end. The micro crafting of tools and objects opens up into a macro level of crafting with regards to employee and resource management, as well as infrastructure strong enough to support those systems. While i see no where near the level of simulation of sim city, your transformation of a single hut to a small town is very rewarding. The act of you doing it literally from scratch amounts to no small feat.

As of now ive found this game to be engaging and fun. However ive found an issue where the game crashes after a certain quest. It may be a different reason but it seems to happen just after the quest to sell 50 cherries to a passerby. Ive yet to find a solution to get past it and i would love some advice if not some word thatit is being resolved. This is a fantastic game and i would love to continue expanding my little burg.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:20 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Anyone know how big the generated worlds are? A rough estimate in number of blocks/tiles will do.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:54 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

This game looks really good, I'm going to buy it and support this developer especially since they advertise no IAP.

Found this video.

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 09-17-2013, 02:26 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

i guess it would have been too hard to implement some gamecenter achievements? a game can be good but overlooked just by the fact that it has got no gamecenter icon. i stopped bothering with these non-game-center-titles long time ago. there are already way too much games WITH gamecenter implementation. no need to bother with the games that don't know what the standards today are. especially from indie-developpers i expect a little more awareness of what the gaming trends are. so, maybe the sequel will have gamecenter support. until then: good luck and good bye. game-concept looks promising
Old 09-18-2013, 09:13 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I am a little surprised this thread isn't more active given the popularity of Junk Jack X and Terraria, granted this game is a little different from those but it is still a really good game that deserves more attention then it's currently getting.

MidianGTX I don't have an exact number for you as I haven't counted yet but it is pretty good sized and it is rectangular shaped, so two sides are 2 to 3 times bigger than the other two sides.

There are several game world settings to play through with different missions in each game world. You can hire workers to work at your buildings(farms, mines, etc.). Really enjoying the game so far, hope others take the time to check this one out.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:09 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
I am a little surprised this thread isn't more active
a) It's $4.99
b) no GameCentre (assume the post earlier in the thread is correct?)
but mostly
c) I don't have enough space on my iPad to download iOS 7 so I can't download anything else at the moment, I need to delete things!
Old 09-18-2013, 05:44 PM

this looks fantastic! Reminds me of the upcoming indie game, Banished (http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com)

Just wondering about how deep the simulation is - is there death? do the people need to eat to survive? do they mate to make children, etc?
Old 09-18-2013, 10:24 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Okay, totally sold! Buying!
Old 09-19-2013, 06:24 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLW View Post
a) It's $4.99
b) no GameCentre (assume the post earlier in the thread is correct?)
but mostly
c) I don't have enough space on my iPad to download iOS 7 so I can't download anything else at the moment, I need to delete things!
oh no , no game center ? i dont buy games without this standard ..
also on mac app store , which is in even worse situation since rarely any developer inplement game center on the osx games and i often had to Email those developers do their games support game center before i buy the game !! lol

i hope Flat Earth Games better implement game center in their coming update , i will add this game in my app store wish list for now =)