★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Whizzit Counting game for preschoolers is climbing the charts... promos incl.

07-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Whizzit Counting game for preschoolers is climbing the charts... promos incl.

Thank you to all of you who have helped make Whizzit Counting for preschoolers a great success. In the first 2 weeks after launch, we have had ALL 5-star reviews and have climbed to number 36 in the Educational Games category on the App Store.

If you haven't yet checked out this game for your kids (ages 2-5), feel free to grab a promo code:

HXTLKJTJPW9W
L9XW6K7MLLM3
XP3EA3APXTK7
NL9FM43ENHLT
PW7HW9YPKHLJ

Please respond to this message if you use a code so that others don't try to use the same one.

Download Here!

As always, we are very interested in customer feedback. If you use a code, we'd greatly appreciate it if you could leave a review on the App Store or in this discussion forum so that we can improve the game. We're already working on the first update.

Thanks bunches!
07-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Grabbed code PW7HW9YPKHLJ. I will post my impressions in few, I will let my son give it a try & give you his feedback.

07-29-2009, 01:03 PM
My son can only count till 13...so I'd love to try it, but probably wont be codes left by the time I get home. PM me if you can spare an extra, and I'll be sure to post a review.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale
07-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Send a message via ICQ to JCik68 Send a message via Skype™ to JCik68
great to see education games are doing well
btw. I didnt grab any code
07-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to chrisrushing
Anybody that doesn't have a child and grabs a code should be ashamed. I'm just sayin...
And yes great to see edu apps doing well.
07-29-2009, 01:10 PM
I used HXTLKJTJPW9W. I'll let my son play it for a while and give you some feedback/reviews. I'm always looking for some educational games for him to play.
Thanks!
07-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrushing View Post
Anybody that doesn't have a child and grabs a code should be ashamed. I'm just sayin...
And yes great to see edu apps doing well.
ditto, why would you need one let people who are going to use it have the code. btw obviously i didnt take a code
07-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
ditto, why would you need one let people who are going to use it have the code. btw obviously i didnt take a code
Perhaps a few adults need to brush up on counting skills? Well, the good news is that this one is only 99 cents and worth every penny...
07-29-2009, 03:19 PM
I must say that the overall feel of this app is very polished. Very easy menu navigation, something my son had no problem picking up and playing(hard part is just pulling it away from his "death grip"). The Only thing I would like to see implemented In this app is maybe an option for your child to guess the answer(multiple choice) or the ability for the player to "Speak their answer". Other than that I was very impressed with this app & would love to see more in this genre. This genre of games/apps is a goldmind since my son asks for my iPhone or itouch to play when we are out; I rather my son play games that are educational than ones that are purely for entertainment. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.
07-29-2009, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinblu View Post
I must say that the overall feel of this app is very polished. Very easy menu navigation, something my son had no problem picking up and playing(hard part is just pulling it away from his "death grip"). The Only thing I would like to see implemented In this app is maybe an option for your child to guess the answer(multiple choice) or the ability for the player to "Speak their answer". Other than that I was very impressed with this app & would love to see more in this genre. This genre of games/apps is a goldmind since my son asks for my iPhone or itouch to play when we are out; I rather my son play games that are educational than ones that are purely for entertainment. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks for the great suggestions and feedback! I'm glad your son likes the game!

We've been considering adding options to "count and answer" as opposed to "count along".... just as you suggested (in a multiple choice format). Other apps focus on just "number identification" in the multiple choice format, so I do think this would be adding something new to the market.

We're hard at work on our next game for young children... it's a fun block stacking game that helps reinforce knowledge of colors while teaching spatial skills.

Thanks again!