★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Reverse TD idea

07-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Reverse TD idea

For a dev reading this it would be really cool if someone could make a TD or castle defense game
where we control the aliens or whatnot to the castle and after each roun you get money for each "alien" that made it and the computer could only add on tower each round and we coul buy aliens with different shields...etc idk it's an original idea and idk of a game like tht

I'm typing this from my iPod please excuse mistakes

memory cards
07-29-2009, 01:57 PM
i am so using that idea

plus+ ID: jknightx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
I don't really think you need to be a "baller" to afford a $6 video game.

07-29-2009, 02:01 PM
I've heard of games similar to this, although I can't remember if they were ever developed. If a dev were to make an app like this, and it was of decent quality, I would definitely buy it.
07-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Thts a nice idea, a very good one....

Devs, are you reading!!?
07-29-2009, 02:34 PM
before i was thinking of something like this but where you have to defend and attack. As in each person sets up there defense, then take turns sending waves at the other person. First one to lose all lives loses

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06
07-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to fluffyguitarist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajg3 View Post
For a dev reading this it would be really cool if someone could make a TD or castle defense game
where we control the aliens or whatnot to the castle and after each roun you get money for each "alien" that made it and the computer could only add on tower each round and we coul buy aliens with different shields...etc idk it's an original idea and idk of a game like tht

I'm typing this from my iPod please excuse mistakes
dangit! I was totally planning on developing a game like that..... but now everybody is going to so meh..... lol

I play guitarhttp://www.youtube.com/user/fluffyguitarist
I'm a Professional Philosoraptor.
Games? Super Quick Hook and Trees of Doom pretty much own.
07-29-2009, 03:30 PM
I am NOT going meh about it...
07-29-2009, 03:32 PM
There's a download on the Playstation store for the PS3 called Comet Crash where defend and build towers that allow you to build drones, tanks etc. that you send to destroy your opposition's home base. It's really fun and you can play with two players also. I'd love to see a similar game for the iPhone/iPod touch.
07-29-2009, 03:54 PM
space ninja is sort of like this
07-29-2009, 04:34 PM
... This idea isn't new at all...

Isn't this idea that exact same thing as the RTS game idea? You build units, you attack the other side with your units and the other side build turrets to kill your units. Well, it is less than half of the RTS idea. Try war incorporated, still the best RTS game i'd played on my iphone.