★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: ZoneOut is finally OUT

12-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Send a message via AIM to jaisor Send a message via Yahoo to jaisor Send a message via Skype™ to jaisor
ZoneOut is finally OUT

After a month of slaving, sleepless nights and bad junk food etc... (you know it) ZoneOut is finally available on the AppStore

It has a more classic arcade feel and sound but I believe many will enjoy it.

Check it out: http://neonsurge.com/zoneout

Has a youtube video and everything. We found a few dedicated beta testers who seem to be heading the online score list regularly, its providing a challenge for now but if I hope they behave Around the end of the month we plan on giving out a few t-shirts and gift cards if the interest spikes.

For the newbies - try to zone out as much area at once as possible, that is the key to awards, unlocks and higher scores.

Let me know what you all think!
12-10-2008, 08:46 PM
I bought this game on the itunes store, it's pretty cool. It's basically a version of those games where you clear a certain amount of area to advance, but with a twist since it has achievements/trophies.

12-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Looks good. Think I'll give it a go.
12-10-2008, 08:50 PM
I tried this yesterday

I saw this yesterday on AppShopper and gave it a quick try.

My initial impression was that it looks good and well thought out. Gameplay concept is similar to two others I already have (Blix lite and Dr Awsome). I did have some trouble with the controls in that they felt slightly sluggish.

I'm planning to play it on my lunch break today (11 minutes to go here until my break!) and will comment further later. Other than the control issue I had yesterday so far it looks promising.
12-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Send a message via AIM to jaisor Send a message via Yahoo to jaisor Send a message via Skype™ to jaisor
Hey thanks for the quick reply,

Yeah the controls might take some getting used to at first. You can switch between the accelerometer and finger-swipe in the settings and also change the input sensitivity.

I think finger-swipe works best as long as you don't try to swipe over the ship (which I used to do instinctively ) Just swipe in the middle of the screen and you will have no issues.

Hope u have fun, and watch out for Blue, he is a mean one!
12-10-2008, 09:08 PM
I remember I saw this entry and i first thought it was a kind of shooter or something but I glad I saw the video (how it helps!)! Downloading...
12-10-2008, 09:11 PM
pleasantly suprised

saw this thread and figured i'd try it out. fun game and low price. well done
12-10-2008, 09:14 PM
I already hav bix and it looks like the same thing.
12-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah21c View Post
Its like bix ON STEROIDS! Plus online scores, awards, variety of pickups and enemies!
12-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah21c View Post
I have Bix, Dr. Awesome and now ZoneOut.

They have the same base concept but they are different. DrA and ZO have great graphics and production along with unique tweaks that make them more enjoyable to play.

If you only like old/retro game design look and feel keep just Bix then.