★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Dean Tate
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 68.2 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Captain Bubblenaut is now a Universal App! Invade ERF on the iPad, where there's more room to bounce!

You are CAPTAIN BUBBLENAUT! Your mission: to earn the love and respect of your father, the warmongering ADMIRAL POP. Invade the square-shaped abomination known as PLANET ERF, obliterate every ERFLING in sight, and make your father PROUD!

Captain Bubblenaut is an arcade score'em up featuring:

Simple 1-touch "slide the ground" controls.
Game Center support for 30 tricky achievements and competitive High Score leaderboard.
Invade Egypt, San Francisco, Easter Island, Sydney, and more on a variety of terrains. Every game is different!
Obliterate all ERFLINGS! Chefs, zombies, boxing champions, salarymen, super heroes, pirates, doctors, flying pigs, and many more!
Music by Chris Remo (Idle Thumbs, Gone Home, Thirty Flights of Loving) and sound effects by Danny Baranowsky (Canabalt, Super Meat Boy, Binding of Isaac)
09-18-2013, 03:13 PM

09-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Tiny Wings on Bumpy Road !

Everything loads, looks, sounds and works pretty darn good in this amazing cute and clever made pearl. IF the (very good) controls click with you, you already might be addicted.
Since it feels too tiny on my iphone, i could see the ipad mini or up in favor to score higher, because there is a lot going on on screen. If you like the video, don't wait, get it.

Highly recommended !

PS: skills and fast eyes needed !
09-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Duh, not universal

Game Center ID: copaeci
09-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Got some time to play this one, and while I find gameplay interesting (crush all erflings in combos while a timer is on, when it finishes it goes into another location and so on, you have 3 lives, try no to hit certain things or you'll die, and then repeat. Overall it is very funny) controls don't follow... they are... hard to master I guess... you move the floor beneath Captain Bubblenaut to catch him and make him roll and speed to crush enemies, the thing is that the main character sometimes it moves to fast, faster than you can swipe the screen. Or maybe its me. Will try more later as the game itself seems a lot of fun
09-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by copaeci View Post
Duh, not universal
Yeah sadly. If the dev is reading us, let's say him "Make it universal!"
09-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Hey guys! I'm one of the devs. We are indeed working on an ipad version, that will give the player more space to move. Glad people are enjoying the game!
09-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Tate View Post
Hey guys! I'm one of the devs. We are indeed working on an ipad version, that will give the player more space to move. Glad people are enjoying the game!
Awesome, I really want to try this on iPad

=>> HEY YOU! Why own an iPad if you haven't played CRABITRON? <<=

Playing: Corridor Z, Goblin Sword, Lost Toys, Duet Game, Layton Brother, Threes!, Solomon's Keep, Crabitron, Punch Quest, IB3, Sword & Sworcery (Recommend them all!)
09-19-2013, 05:40 PM
It's a shame when devs in 2013 ask iOS customers to double-dip by making an iPad version, instead of going Universal.
09-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
It's a shame when devs in 2013 ask iOS customers to double-dip by making an iPad version, instead of going Universal.
I won't mind if the HD version turns out to be universal.

=>> HEY YOU! Why own an iPad if you haven't played CRABITRON? <<=

Playing: Corridor Z, Goblin Sword, Lost Toys, Duet Game, Layton Brother, Threes!, Solomon's Keep, Crabitron, Punch Quest, IB3, Sword & Sworcery (Recommend them all!)