★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

App Rejected by Apple: AppRelease - App release date tracking tool

07-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
App Rejected by Apple: AppRelease - App release date tracking tool

Every developer knows the fact that you can modify the release date to the current date in 24 hours after your Apps passing Apple’s review. This make your Apps appear in the first page in App Store and increase the chance to sell your App.

I wrote a small tool - AppRelease to track my apps release status and remind me to modify the release date once my apps is ready for sale. Here is the introduction:

A useful tool for Developer to track your Apps release status. Developers can record when the Apps are submitted to App Store for reviewing and estimate when the Apps will be available for sale.

Key features:
- Tracking all Apps release status
- Sorting by submitted date
- Customize estimated review days
- Re-sorting the app list by shaking your device

Unfortunately I will never be permitted to sell this app on App Store because “There is no publicly available infrastructure to support application release information”.

Now I would like to share the source code with ones who have interest in it (here). Thanks! Donation will be greatly appreciated!

LY MobileSoft in App Store
We create Handy & Polished tools for iOS.

Last edited by stlau; 07-30-2009 at 08:21 AM.
07-30-2009, 08:42 AM
It sounds like a good tool for any developer...but commercial users have no need for it.

Rubicon on IAP:
Quote:
Almost all iOS spenders don't mind - they're not all tightwads like the tiny but very vocal minority who seem to get off on bitching about nearly free prices permanently.
07-30-2009, 09:06 AM
Wow, thanks... so could I check when Gang$tar by Gameloft has been Submitted? And what staus it's at (like approval process, release etc.)?
07-30-2009, 10:17 AM
The feature you really need is one that automatically updates all listings in the app store to today's date, that way you can just run the thing every morning and know your set..

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlau View Post
Every developer knows the fact that you can modify the release date to the current date in 24 hours after your Apps passing Apple’s review. This make your Apps appear in the first page in App Store and increase the chance to sell your App.

I wrote a small tool - AppRelease to track my apps release status and remind me to modify the release date once my apps is ready for sale. Here is the introduction:

A useful tool for Developer to track your Apps release status. Developers can record when the Apps are submitted to App Store for reviewing and estimate when the Apps will be available for sale.

Key features:
- Tracking all Apps release status
- Sorting by submitted date
- Customize estimated review days
- Re-sorting the app list by shaking your device

Unfortunately I will never be permitted to sell this app on App Store because “There is no publicly available infrastructure to support application release information”.

Now I would like to share the source code with ones who have interest in it (here). Thanks! Donation will be greatly appreciated!