Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 09-20-2013, 07:27 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default My considerably awesome drawing skills..

I present to you 3 drawings of mine.
(The woman is Chloe Grace Moretz)

1st drawing:

Work in progress
IMG_1351.JPG
Final result
IMG_1354.JPGchloe-grace-moretz-1680x1050.jpg

---------------------------------------------------
2nd drawing (the worst of 3):

Work in progress
IMG_1482.JPG
Final result
IMG_1487.JPG284534-chloe-moretz-chloe-grace-moretz (1).jpg
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Completely messed up drawing

----------------------------------------------------
MY MASTERPIECE!! 3rd drawing:

Straight to final result
IMG_1486.JPG00027788.Chloe.Grace.Moretz.jpg
SEE MY SECOND POST FOR UPDATED DRAWING

This is worse art compared to those professional artist, but for me, this is the ULTIMATE. (The 2nd drawing is the worst among the 3, isn't it?)

Thanks for reading and looking! Leave a like, comment, and sub.. wait no..

Last edited by Oceraux; 09-22-2013 at 12:37 AM..
Old 09-21-2013, 12:56 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

You have a great hand for finger and hair detailing. Many people can't do hair because they don't recognize that it is supposed to be done in patches, but you definitely understand that concept.

Overall, the lines you're using are great, so continue strengthening those!

What I personally think needs a little work is your shading. The shading in the third drawing is bombastic and detracts completely from what it is supposed to be about.

Honestly, that's my only critique: shading is seemingly random and all over the place, especially apparent unfortunately with your "masterpiece."

But these are great drawings!

As for comparing which is the best, I think I honestly like the first one best. The second one definitely looks awkward, and the third one, as I said, has some distracting overemphasized shading. There's no gradation or control. It is laid on way too thick. The first one is simple and elegant, and I prefer it to the second and third.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:58 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

First is best.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:37 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

First and third are best. You need to get more confident with your contrast, you're getting the shapes, angles and proportions mostly correct, but the details are too lightly drawn. Find the deepest blacks like you did with the third picture, then concentrate on trying to match the tone of the rest of the picture too.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:56 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by saansilt View Post
First is best.
Yeah.

Yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
You have a great hand for finger and hair detailing. Many people can't do hair because they don't recognize that it is supposed to be done in patches, but you definitely understand that concept.

Overall, the lines you're using are great, so continue strengthening those!

What I personally think needs a little work is your shading. The shading in the third drawing is bombastic and detracts completely from what it is supposed to be about.

Honestly, that's my only critique: shading is seemingly random and all over the place, especially apparent unfortunately with your "masterpiece."

But these are great drawings!

As for comparing which is the best, I think I honestly like the first one best. The second one definitely looks awkward, and the third one, as I said, has some distracting overemphasized shading. There's no gradation or control. It is laid on way too thick. The first one is simple and elegant, and I prefer it to the second and third.
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks. Are you an artist? You seem to be good at tips right there.

Is the shading on the jaw distracts you? I can't seem to erase some mistakes (now it somehow looks like a beard) I don't know why, that's why the 2nd looks a bit distracting, and the noodle hair too. So what should I do on the shadings? Should I continue to erase those mistakes or lighten up the face more? If I darkened the jaws and cheeks more, I guess that it will be more distracting, so I will darken the whole face + hair a bit?

Damn, you make my head dizzle, I don't know what should I do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
First and third are best. You need to get more confident with your contrast, you're getting the shapes, angles and proportions mostly correct, but the details are too lightly drawn. Find the deepest blacks like you did with the third picture, then concentrate on trying to match the tone of the rest of the picture too.
I don't like making my drawings very black or very white, I think the contrast I used is perfect, and yeah but the shading sucks a little..

And also, if you see the drawing here IRL, it is real darker, my iPad's 5mp camera just sucks.
Oh and I just checked my drawing again, there are little lines and shades that are not fit, shit, didn't see that..

EDIT:

Drawing had a hole now I had to replace it to deal with anger
1236946_720611471286270_1076399200_n.jpg

Here is the basis for the drawing
chloe_grace_moretz_by_xx_l3oni3_xx-d68vn53.jpg
That's where I got those shaggy shadings on the hair, but still, imagine how could have it been if I completely followed the pic.. The drawing is still very badass and clean, though.

Last edited by Oceraux; 09-22-2013 at 08:46 AM..
Old 09-21-2013, 09:45 AM

Shading is really the main part for me, a darker pencil could help but hard to tell based off photos what you're truly using.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:11 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

wow these pics are great
i thought these pics looks like photos.
you are a talented genius, can you awesome highness draw a pic for me?