★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A strategic online 2D Fighting Game.

Free today with App of the Day HD

Download the app "App of the Day HD" and discover every day a paid app that becomes free for 24 hours!
09-20-2013, 08:25 AM
Recently got interested in Toribash. Anyone know if this is any good? Looks like it could be fun.
09-20-2013, 12:53 PM
This looks like wrestle jump.
09-20-2013, 01:05 PM
I'll pick this up now and give it a try.
09-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Had to come back here and post right away, this game is awesome!!
It's probably more like the recent kungfu jumpu that anything else,
It works where you have your guy in the screen and you drag to position his limbs (arms,legs,head everything) and in the background as its shadow you see what you guy will do when you hit play (a little bit like frozen synapse play preview)
And the aim is to fight turn based fights by positioning your guy then hitting play and he springs into action for a second or two then time freezes and you position again.
If you like physics stuff or kungfu jumpu or puncho fighto or different stuff like I do then this is well worth picking up, I've only played one offline game against the AI so far but I can safely say that for 69p this gets the monkey recommendation.

Edit. After a few games I can see there's only 12 sparing matches against the AI the main part seems to be the online, but with it being an obscure game I'm not sure how many people would play it online,
So just a warning if your bothered that there's no main kind of single player arcade mode or anything.
It's got cool physics though and when the matches timer finishes you see the full match play out as one its a cool little random physics fighter.

Last edited by oooooomonkey; 09-20-2013 at 01:54 PM.