★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Roadkill Cafe v1.1 now available

07-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Roadkill Cafe v1.1 now available

Version 1.1 is out! To celebrate, we've made the price .99! Get the roadkill while it's fresh!

We had some great feedback on release, and quickly implemented a few changes in response.

Touch users away from Wi-Fi wanted to be able to save scores locally, since they wouldn't be able to register on the global scoreboard. So now there's local scoring

Some people like being able to poke the destination for the player, Diablo style. Done!

And Devilishly Good annihilated the scoreboard. So we ramped the difficulty up a notch the longer you play.

For those who love their stats you can now see various numbers on animal squishings, distance travelled, etc. I wonder what could be in store next. Hmmm?

Anyway, thanks for the community support and hope you guys enjoy the update.

Youtube link | Pop Up

---Release Notes---

-Added "Lure" control scheme.
-Added local score boards for offline play.
-Fixed occasional crash when changing control scheme.
-Moved Rampage score for better road visibility.
-Removed score in Cafe mode since Cafe scores are not recorded.
-Player now provided with tip to return Roadkill to the Cafe.
- Added statistics for individual animals and general gameplay.
- Smoothed out Rampage difficulty over time.
- Made Arcade have vehicles that move faster over time.

Hopefully this name will update soon as I requested a name change. I'm no longer affiliated with Atommo games.

Last edited by atommo; 07-30-2009 at 12:44 AM. Reason: added screenshot and video
07-30-2009, 12:00 AM
Still showing $1.99 in the US store...

07-30-2009, 12:04 AM
sounds fun!
07-30-2009, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandammage View Post
Still showing $1.99 in the US store...
Mine too. How much time does it normally take to show the new price?
07-30-2009, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Mine too. How much time does it normally take to show the new price?
showing as 99 cents for me in US store now
07-30-2009, 10:13 PM
i picked up this game on a whim because i wanted something to play that had humor and fun gameplay (and i just couldnt fall for the minigore hype... yet) and absolutely love this game.

i have top score in vengence, though i dont think there are many ranked people so it's not that big of a deal, first time i've ever hit #1 in one of these here iphone games, although i have the highest score on like lvl 9 or 10 in globall for 2000+ miles.

achievements really have taken over, i never used to be into the "highscore" type games though. this is damn fun and funny, i enjoy when the bear shows up.
07-31-2009, 10:59 AM
The only big thing missing now is a pause button, other than that this game is GOLDEN. The Lure Controls are GREAT (allowed me to make #1 in Rampage, if only for a few hours)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentdante View Post
i picked up this game on a whim because i wanted something to play that had humor and fun gameplay (and i just couldnt fall for the minigore hype... yet) and absolutely love this game.

i have top score in vengence, though i dont think there are many ranked people so it's not that big of a deal, first time i've ever hit #1 in one of these here iphone games, although i have the highest score on like lvl 9 or 10 in globall for 2000+ miles.

achievements really have taken over, i never used to be into the "highscore" type games though. this is damn fun and funny, i enjoy when the bear shows up.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-31-2009, 11:05 AM
Yee Haw!

This game continues to make me smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
07-31-2009, 06:23 PM
Any opinions on the pause mechanism?
Would you guys like to see a " button along the same edge as the scores/lives? Directly tied to the score? Or a specific gesture or swipe.
Since players all seem to hold the game differently, we didn't want to put anything in place that would interfere with gameplay.

Dump that feedback on for version 1.2

Hopefully this name will update soon as I requested a name change. I'm no longer affiliated with Atommo games.
07-31-2009, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atommo View Post
Any opinions on the pause mechanism?
Would you guys like to see a " button along the same edge as the scores/lives? Directly tied to the score? Or a specific gesture or swipe.
Since players all seem to hold the game differently, we didn't want to put anything in place that would interfere with gameplay.

Dump that feedback on for version 1.2
I'm definitely for a button as you've already got too many control schemes so having it gesture based just sounds dangerous. Where you put the button is your call. You might want to consider putting it somewhere so that when hitting it again to "unpause" would not require the player to have their hand anywhere that would be blocking the screen (i.e. so you can jump right back into the action). You may also want to even do some little 3-2-1 countdown for when it resumes so the player can get all situated properly to resume the action (but this might be a little over the top).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews