★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Mummy's Revenge Lite is OUT

07-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to jbmoney13
Mummy's Revenge Lite is OUT

Hi Everyone,

Now everyone can try Mummy's Revenge with the Lite Version. Price = FREE

Link to Appstore: itms://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...&mt=8&s=143441

After you're done practicing with the Lite version, Check Out the Full Version.

About Mummy's Revenge (Full Version):

Mummy's Revenge is being featured by Apple in the "What We're Playing" Section of the Appstore. Mummy's Revenge is one of the most popular games in the sidescrolling action genre. I have worked hard to make Mummy's Revenge unique by adding a boss level, grenades and a different style of Melee.

HERE's a gameplay video showcasing the new weapons and Boss level:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Mummy's Revenge is getting updated all the time, think Pocket God and Zombieville mixed together. We plan new updates every month with new features, we are currently working on our 2nd Big Update, Take a look below at our updates so far.

Joe Adventure in Mummy's Revenge:

Chapter 1: Anubis Awakes
- 5 Weapons (including grenades)
- Battle Mummies and Anubis
- Desert Background

Chapter 2: A Pharaohs Wrath
- 10 New Weapons
- New Enemy/Boss "The Pharaoh"
- New Background "The Caves"

Coming Soon:

Chapter 3: When Mummies Fly
- New Weapon
- New Enemy/Boss "Flying Mummies"
- New Background "The Tomb"

I have attached a picture of the new: WHEN MUMMIES FLY update

Tell me what you think of the new preview pic. It should give you an idea of the direction i'm going in. Like I said, those who bought the game already are going to enjoy great updates that don't just fix things but add new value.

Thanks for the support.

Please leave a comment in this thread about the game after you've tried it. and don't forget iTunes Appstore Reviews. Thanks.

Respectfully,
JB / Apptastic Apps (Facebook Page)
Developing Quality Games: Check Out: Mummy's Revenge - Mummy's Revenge Lite (Free)
http://www.apptasticapps.com Twitter: - twitter.com/apptastic

Last edited by jbmoney13; 03-16-2010 at 06:43 PM.
07-29-2009, 10:32 PM
wow
graphics are great
sound (not the music)gun sounds need work
Gameplay addicting
verdict a great lite game

07-29-2009, 11:14 PM
Good work.
07-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Just make sure u don't give away too many levels to play in the lite version JB. I've seen a lot of iPhone gamers(including me) who are just satisfied with the lite version and don't really bother with the full one as lite is good enough to keep u busy.
07-29-2009, 11:56 PM
JBmoney13: Great to see another developer from SF Bay area.

Artwork looks great, too bad i'm low on money right now or i would pick up the full version
07-29-2009, 11:57 PM
True. Nano Fighter has ten levels, and Tyrian has a whopping 15 in their lite versions.

I usually play that much in one sitting, so that would make me bored of the game after the lite is done. The point of a lite version is to make them wanting more, so they should all probably act like gameloft and make a single level in the lite =/

Assassins Creed went back in the top 50 after its lite was out, and that has like 5 minutes of gameplay.

back
07-30-2009, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
True. Nano Fighter has ten levels, and Tyrian has a whopping 15 in their lite versions.

Assassins Creed went back in the top 50 after its lite was out, and that has like 5 minutes of gameplay.
Yes. Some times devs do make the mistake of giving away too much in the lite version. Lite should only be there to give u a hint how the game works on ur iDevice and not to keep u occupied for 30 min after which u might question what's the point in paying for the full version.

EDIT: One more thing JB. I just checked out the lite descriptions. I think it'll be a good idea to add to mention that the sound effects have been completely Redone in the next version which is coming out in a few days. I can't really say about others, but had I tried the lite version I would have resisted the full version as I didn't like the sounds in this game. Knowing that the only problem I found in the game is going to be rectified I'd make sure to update n retry the lite version to see if the sounds are better now. If I don't have any knowledge about that in advance I might not check it back again once the sounds do vet updated. Just my 2cents(tax free)

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 07-30-2009 at 12:35 AM.
07-30-2009, 01:22 AM
Flying mummies look freaking and awesome!!! Can't wait!

Playing: Solipskier, Edge, Ground Effect, Bobble Surfer, Minigore, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, iSR, Pocket God, Slotz, Zen Bound 2, Crazy Snowboard, Vector Tank, ...
07-30-2009, 02:47 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to jbmoney13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Yes. Some times devs do make the mistake of giving away too much in the lite version. Lite should only be there to give u a hint how the game works on ur iDevice and not to keep u occupied for 30 min after which u might question what's the point in paying for the full version.

EDIT: One more thing JB. I just checked out the lite descriptions. I think it'll be a good idea to add to mention that the sound effects have been completely Redone in the next version which is coming out in a few days. I can't really say about others, but had I tried the lite version I would have resisted the full version as I didn't like the sounds in this game. Knowing that the only problem I found in the game is going to be rectified I'd make sure to update n retry the lite version to see if the sounds are better now. If I don't have any knowledge about that in advance I might not check it back again once the sounds do vet updated. Just my 2cents(tax free)
Absolutely correct, description has been changed. Unfortunately the update won't be out for a couple of weeks since the update is being submitted tomorrow, the game was just released today.

And the Full Version update (with the extra lives, and optimization for the older generation iPhones and iPods) should be available any day now. Thats been sitting in line for a week and a half.

What did you think about the play time on the Lite version? It should be enough to give someone a good taste of the game but still want to experience the Boss level, the different enemies, and ALL THE WEAPONS.

Respectfully,
JB / Apptastic Apps (Facebook Page)
Developing Quality Games: Check Out: Mummy's Revenge - Mummy's Revenge Lite (Free)
http://www.apptasticapps.com Twitter: - twitter.com/apptastic
07-30-2009, 03:15 AM
No boss levels here. Also give them only a few weapons IMO. Make sure no one should be getting more then 5 minutes of playtime here. Or you`ll find people sticking with the free lite version only. Once they are done trying those levels you can add screenshots with details how much more you`re gonna get in the full version.

Also I dont know how much technically it`d be possible, but it`ll be even better if, along with snapshots and description in the lite, you could add a small 60-120sconds video(in game rendered preferably to save on app size) where u show off all the great weapons and boss level footage from the full version. It`ll work like a blockbuster movie trailer. And you know how much a cool trailer works in case of hollywood movies. They are able to sell us crap only coz they are able to lure us with those trailers . And you here have a very good game. I know u might be able to find videos for mummys revenge on youtube but having it in-game would definitely help. It could do wonders for Mummys IMO.

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 07-30-2009 at 03:18 AM.