★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Hello There
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 46.5 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Play GRAVITY and experience Aviciis music in a whole new way. Your performance will dynamically change how his hit songs are played for you, in a capturing ride through endless, artistic environments also inspired by Aviciis music. Upgrade your ships and use a wide range of powers to further enhance your performance.

Together with the highly anticipated debut studio album True by Avicii, comes the game GRAVITY. In addition to a compelling game experience, GRAVITY also includes an opportunity for true fans and players to earn a game-exclusive Avicii mix.

Earn points by keeping your wits about you and collecting a variety of pickups in a certain order. Successfully chaining a long order of pickups will grant greater rewards. You may also spend in-game currency (earned or bought) to unlock permanent collectables and limited consumables.

Avicii songs you buy through the app will not only become available in your iTunes Library, but also in the form of an optional soundtrack in the spectacular Level X. That way you can customize your experience while unlocking new content and competing against players and Avicii fans all over the world.

Royce's comments:

09-21-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm actually impressed with the artwork I'm seeing, despite this seemingly being a "game" meant to promote a hugely successful DJ. Has anyone given this a spin, and is it worth playing regardless of the music on offer? I want to believe.
09-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
I'm actually impressed with the artwork I'm seeing, despite this seemingly being a "game" meant to promote a hugely successful DJ. Has anyone given this a spin, and is it worth playing regardless of the music on offer? I want to believe.
I downloaded it without high expectations, but I am actually enjoying it quite a bit. The gameplay is fun and challenging. I'm not a huge fan of the freemium style pay structure but in the early going it doesn't appear to be too bad with decent payouts from playing. It will definitely be a grind to unlock all the ships and upgrade all the powerups. The gameplay itself is really pretty nice, kind of like if super hexagon was a triangle and a racing game, and had some color matching aspect... okay so that description sucks, but it's free so try it for yourself

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention Facebook integration, which is a big negative for me. I'm not sure what exactly it limits me too, but there is no GC, and it says in game: "Connect to Facebook to save your progress and your purchases in the game. Compare your ranking to players all over the world". For this reason, it will have far less replay value for me than it otherwise might.

Last edited by Royce; 09-21-2013 at 05:02 PM.
09-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention Facebook integration, which is a big negative for me. I'm not sure what exactly it limits me too, but there is no GC, and it says in game: "Connect to Facebook to save your progress and your purchases in the game. Compare your ranking to players all over the world". For this reason, it will have far less replay value for me than it otherwise might.
And that's the killer for me. No Facebook, and no desire for it. If it doesn't let you save in-game progress without it, there's truly no point. Oh, well. Thanks for the info and impressions.