★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ***Thanks to the great success, Crazy Traffic is now FREE! Try the new Crazy Traffic CRASHED, cities from all over the world, crashes, road hogs and much more, available now!***

Crazy Traffic is a frantic puzzle game that will challenge your decision making capacity and your reflexes in a constant battle against time!

The city streets are a real jungle. Can you maintain control? Switch traffic lights on and off during rush hour to prevent traffic jams. Manage the traffic flow of a network of intertwined city streets.

Prevent traffic jams during rush hour in Survival Mode, clear the streets of paralyzing snarls in Puzzle Mode, or just amuse yourself controlling traffic in Freestyle Mode!

In Crazy Traffic you must choose carefully which traffic lights to change in order to allow traffic to flow through each of the intersections without long lines forming that will bring traffic to a halt.

In Survival Mode, when the vehicles on any street are forced to wait too long, a countdown starts, and those cars must be allowed to move, or the game will end! Watch the turn signals on the cars and adjust the traffic lights to allow the vehicles to go where they wish, but dont think about it too longbecause new vehicles are always arriving! Youll need to survive until the end of rush hour to finish the level!

In Puzzle Mode, the traffic jam has already happened, and its up to you to decide which intersections to clear first in order to make the traffic flow once again. You only have a limited time though, so youll need to act quickly!

If you would prefer to just relax and enjoy yourself, Freestyle Mode might be perfect for you. Or, if you are so inclined, you can see how long you can play, post your scores, and climb to the top of the online charts!

Hours and hours of fun play is guaranteed! Dont miss the Launch Special, and get this fun game now!

-----------------

FEATURES:

Change the flow of traffic by simply touching the intersections
Avoid traffic build-up and see if you can make it to the end of rush hour
Realistic traffic simulator: Pay attention to the blinking turn signals on the different types of vehicles and where they want to turn at the intersections.
Three fun play modes: Survival, Puzzle, and Freestyle
Varied difficulty levels for each of the 15 maps, for a total of 105 different game levels.
Highly detailed and realistic street maps
Worldwide rankings posted online
New Maps coming in the future update

***Enjoying Crazy Traffic? Try its evolution, with crashes, new game modes, different weather conditions and much more. Available now on App Store! Look for Crazy Traffic CRASHED***

Devilishly Good's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
07-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Think there needs to be a new poll on all the traffic control games
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=12239

07-30-2009, 01:00 AM
lol, the genre is filling up nicely...its good to see what the devs will bring
07-30-2009, 01:02 AM
Wow this looks interesting. On a side note, I wonder how you get up all these threads so fast. It must be tiring.

Anyways, the graphics look like real life instead of artwork or anything. Weird, yet interesting.
07-30-2009, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone1007 View Post
Wow this looks interesting. On a side note, I wonder how you get up all these threads so fast. It must be tiring.
lol

F5 is my friend
07-30-2009, 02:04 AM
Really nice. I find it more original than the other traffic control games. You don't draw the path here, you control how the traffic is being handled by switching the traffic lights. It has a more casual feel, just like flight control did at the beginning. I encourage everyone to download the lite version.
07-30-2009, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloepar1 View Post
Really nice. I find it more original than the other traffic control games. You don't draw the path here, you control how the traffic is being handled by switching the traffic lights. It has a more casual feel, just like flight control did at the beginning. I encourage everyone to download the lite version.
Not really much originality in the control mechanism, Gridlocked, Road Rage Ahead and Rush Hour all use the same method.
07-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Played the light version and am impressed. I like the three different modes, vehicles using a blinker when they need to turn, various maps (with more during the next update), and so on (definitely a lot of thought went into the game and it shows).

Only other type of game like this I have is Gridlocked: Rush Hour and while I think it's very good, Crazy Traffic looks to have more longevity and is probably more fun.
06-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Game Impressions

It's back and better and now in THREE flavors!

Crazy Traffic (Free now that the sequel was released)
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crazy-traffic/id323897895?mt=8

Crazy Traffic: Crashed ($1.99 with many more cities and modes)
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crazy-traffic-crashed/id360938773?mt=8

Crazy Traffic: Crashed XL ($1.99 same as the last but nicely scaled to iPad)

Here is the Appinfo to the latest iPad version:

Probably now the best of the traffic light games as it has the four modes for 30 different cities and NOW (as of the last update) randomized traffic patterns (something we all know is IMPERATIVE to Lord Gek).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Ive had the crashed version for iphone for a few months Now and love it. I think its the best out of the long list of traffic managment games available. I bet the ipad version is pretty as hell lol. This game does become very challenging on certain levels, which there are a grip of levels on this game. Not sure why it never got any love on here, cause it sure blows CrossRoads out of the water in terms of content and challenge and graphics in my opinion.

Edit: Spoke too soon though, after upgrading to 4.0 this game has become unplayable, screen flickers....i thought the update it recieved yesterday would have addressed the issue but i just started it up and no luck, same issue. Id hold off until the issue is resolved...

Last edited by Natron; 06-27-2010 at 10:18 PM.