★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Jing Bai
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 32.4 MB
  • Version: 1.1.6
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: "The BEST game I've played! " -- Developer's dad, never played any game before

"It made me forget my job! " -- An addictive tester ( Who caused several bugs in Covert Kingdom )

"Boring, it's not food. " -- Psychizen's cat

COVERT KINGDOM is an incredibly original match-3 game. You can now play it for FREE. It offers a new, exciting, Dungeon game play mode as well as the Classic game play mode.

Classic Mode:
Remove the monsters by matching them of the same color or the same shape. There is no time limit and the goal is to maximize your score and levels as much as possible.

Dungeon Mode:
Dungeon Mode: Buy the entrance ticket to get into Dungeon . You can explore this kingdom by visiting as many rooms as you can, having fun sliding and tapping creatures on your way, taking an adventure to the unknown rooms, using stairs to change location, and collecting coins to buy useful items which can help you go further!

Features:

- Wonderful clean graphics.
- Mysterious creatures figures.
- Special elements (merchant, traps, treasure, thieves...)
- Random levels.
- Highly enjoyable gameplay.

Covert Kingdom is casual and charming with easy controls and also has Leaderboards in the Game Center. It will bring you lots of fun!

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Psychizen

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Psychizen

Watch Youtube Trailer: http://youtu.be/yEEjFq7UaJk

psychizen's comments:

Hi everyone,

We are 2-person indie game studio Psychizen. Covert Kingdom is our first game, it's inspired by Tetris, UNO and Roguelike.

We know you've played many match-3 games, but we are sure Covert Kingdom will bring you something new, something different!

Players need to switch the mind between shape recognition and color recognition under pressing time.

The most exciting part in Covert Kingdom is the endless auto-generated Dungeon, you can find varied elements in it, such as Loot, Boss, Merchant, Trap, Thief etc.

As a freemium game, the ads won't pop up to scare you. We think immersion is very important in games.

We have great fun in developing and playing Covert Kingdom, hope the players enjoy it as much as we do.

09-24-2013, 07:13 PM
It's a Free game!
Please feel free to download it and have a try.

09-25-2013, 08:38 PM
Unlike most match3 game, it's little bit hard at the very beginning.

Players can match both the same color and the same shape. It depends on what they are convenient with, switching the mind between shape recognition and color recognition under pressing time.

The new playing rules seems add the difficulties. People feel in a puzzle when they have more choices! lol
09-25-2013, 08:58 PM
I've got a busy day for games, but i couldn't pass up downloading a free rogue like/ match 3 mash up
09-25-2013, 09:32 PM
Yes, it's totally free! And enjoy the new way of playing the match 3 game. There always has lots of fun in this "old style game" You can't avoid to die at the end of each time, but it will keep on challenging yourself to achieve higher scores.
09-25-2013, 09:34 PM
The graphic is clutter. I don't think that I'll come back to the game after putting it down.

Pine Entertainment
09-25-2013, 11:06 PM
I like this match 3. I have only played the Classic mode so far and I look forward to unlocking the Dungeon mode.

I appreciate that IAP purchases remove the ads (which are not obtrusive). The game does not show what the actual IAP costs are.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
09-27-2013, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
I like this match 3. I have only played the Classic mode so far and I look forward to unlocking the Dungeon mode.

I appreciate that IAP purchases remove the ads (which are not obtrusive). The game does not show what the actual IAP costs are.
I also asked our programmer why we don't show the actual IAP costs on the button. He said, we are tiny studio, not many people will download it, and it's easy for us just put "Buy" there. Lol~~

However, the actual cost will show after you press "Buy". Covert Kingdom is our first game, we put IAP inside just for practicing how to make it.
09-27-2013, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
The graphic is clutter. I don't think that I'll come back to the game after putting it down.
As the graphic designer, my heart is breaking!

I begin to learn the graphic design in 2012 on my own. Before that I was an adventure travel consultant in China for 5 years.

I love the words " Be the change you want to see in the world", that encourages me to make better artwork.

Hope you will like the artwork in my next game. Thanks for your comments on this.

Below is evolution how I design one monster in COVERT KINGDOM

09-28-2013, 01:25 PM
It seems that with iOS 7, you no longer see what an iap costs until after you enter your password. It will then ask again if you are sure you want to buy the iap and show a cost. No idea why Apple decided to start doing that, but there you go.

As for the game itself, I'm reluctant to try it. Yes, it's free, but I'm leery of free match games with iap structures and iads. They tend to be draconian in the implementation of their paywall, like Candy Crush Saga.