Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-23-2013, 05:57 AM

Default Covert Kingdom - A Roguelike Match 3 Game

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Hi everyone,

We are 2-person indie game studio Psychizen. Covert Kingdom is our first game, it's inspired by Tetris, UNO and Roguelike.

We know you've played many match-3 games, but we are sure Covert Kingdom will bring you something new, something different!

Players need to switch the mind between shape recognition and color recognition under pressing time.

The most exciting part in Covert Kingdom is the endless auto-generated Dungeon, you can find varied elements in it, such as Loot, Boss, Merchant, Trap, Thief etc.

As a freemium game, the ads won't pop up to scare you. We think immersion is very important in games.

We have great fun in developing and playing Covert Kingdom, hope the players enjoy it as much as we do.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:32 PM

Well I was playing it and the game shows a blank screen after completing a room. Can't seem to exit or anything to shut down the app.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:34 PM

Thanks for playing our game! We've noticed the bug you mentioned above. It's not always happened during the game, we are trying to find out the cause and will fix it ASAP! Sorry for that again.

You can close the game with following steps:

1.Double-click the Home button.
2.Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.
3.Swipe the app up to close it.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:11 PM

It's a Free game!
Please feel free to download it and have a try.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:39 PM

Unlike most match3 game, it's little bit hard at the very beginning.

Players can match both the same color and the same shape. It depends on what they are convenient with, switching the mind between shape recognition and color recognition under pressing time.

The new playing rules seems add the difficulties. People feel in a puzzle when they have more choices! lol
Old 09-26-2013, 12:34 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Cute match 3 game with basic roguelike features.

My only whine so far is the need to repurchase entrance to the dungeon for every play through. While I can usually afford the price simply from the winning of my last Dungeon or Classic run, it gives off a very sleazy "pay to play" vibe.

I also suffered from the black screen freezes and wonder if it might be tied to issues with the fullscreen ads that were probably supposed to be showing up then? I just bought the cheapest coin pack and hope by disabling the ads I'll get around this obnoxious bug.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:31 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

A few times, the game started up slowly for me. I have not seen that since I have bought a coin pack.

I am really enjoying the Dungeon mode and it makes sense to me that there is an entrance fee. Be sure to buy the 50 coin permanent character upgrades as they are cheap and really help.

Edit: The boss fights in the Dungeon mode are extremely tough; probably too tough. Perhaps the game is showing some of it freemium roots here.

Last edited by slewis7; 09-26-2013 at 06:37 PM..
Old 09-27-2013, 02:52 AM
Administrator
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

(This thread was deleted, I believe on accident. Carry on...)
Old 09-27-2013, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Cute match 3 game with basic roguelike features.

My only whine so far is the need to repurchase entrance to the dungeon for every play through. While I can usually afford the price simply from the winning of my last Dungeon or Classic run, it gives off a very sleazy "pay to play" vibe.

I also suffered from the black screen freezes and wonder if it might be tied to issues with the fullscreen ads that were probably supposed to be showing up then? I just bought the cheapest coin pack and hope by disabling the ads I'll get around this obnoxious bug.
As the graphic designer, I'm so happy to hear you say it's "cute"

Classic Mode was inspired by the game Tetris. We want the players try it whenever they want.

Dungeon Mode and "business thing" is just another fun element. I'm sure no one want to waste the ticket after amassing coins to pay it. The ticket entrance fee is reasonable, just like you mentioned "I can usually afford the price simply from the winning of my last Dungeon or Classic run".

When I play the Dungeon part, I always exit the dungeon whenever I feel in danger. And I will go to the Classic mode to amass some coins. And get back to dungeon after purchasing something useful in the store. Unless I game over in the dungeon, I can always getting back where I exit and do not need to buy another entrance ticket.

It's an endless game with random levels, no one can't win it at last, however, we can have unique experience each time when we play it.

We haven't set the fullscreen ads. So… I suppose you will still meet the BLACK SCREEN.Try to fix this bug now. Sorry for the inconvenient!

Thanks for playing our game~~~ Love your comment!!!!!
Old 09-27-2013, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
A few times, the game started up slowly for me. I have not seen that since I have bought a coin pack.

I am really enjoying the Dungeon mode and it makes sense to me that there is an entrance fee. Be sure to buy the 50 coin permanent character upgrades as they are cheap and really help.

Edit: The boss fights in the Dungeon mode are extremely tough; probably too tough. Perhaps the game is showing some of it freemium roots here.
Great to see your comments!

Yes! 50 coin permanent character upgrades! Really helpful!

In fact, when you meet the ticket office. There is a button " review to get 100 coins" , just press it and you will get 100 coins without giving any review. And it's the same when you press the button "like us on facebook" , you will also get free 200 coins. Good news to players, bad news for developers (we can't control it)

Covert Kingdom is our first game product. We want more people play it not pay for it. As the graphic designer as well as the tester. I used my boyfriend's Ipad to achieve the 4000+ score in the Classic Mode without any upgrading. I think that is because I design the monsters and familiar with them so much.

I know the boss fight is tough, in fact, it's my idea to raise the difficulty after testing it. There is not much fun to win the boss easily. It's the BOSS!!!! I like the feeling to hold on to the last second to win it. Having great fun when i did that!