★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games that work on older devices

09-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Games that work on older devices

I've found my pool of playable games for my iPod Touch 2 to be decreasing, certainly nothing new will even look at it but even old reliables aren't compatible.

Any suggestions for game to pick up that are os 4 friendly? My Go-tos are in teh realm of Dungeon Raid, Sword and Poker, Sentinel series, Star Defense…
09-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatediseno View Post
I've found my pool of playable games for my iPod Touch 2 to be decreasing, certainly nothing new will even look at it but even old reliables aren't compatible.

Any suggestions for game to pick up that are os 4 friendly? My Go-tos are in teh realm of Dungeon Raid, Sword and Poker, Sentinel series, Star Defense…
Apple are introducing a download latest compatible version. Try downloading some of your favourites. It will give you a older version of the app you want.
09-23-2013, 03:50 PM
I knew I should have pointed out that I am aware of that feature but hoped it would have gone without saying. The version of the ipod OS doesn't have the feature where you can see previous purchases so it would require a hunt through the store to remember which ones I've previously purchased. That aside it doesn't help me discover new titles - what would be ideal is an itunes ability to only show games and utilities which will run on older devices.
09-23-2013, 03:55 PM
If you have a PC nearby, then you can check the purchase history on iTunes.
09-24-2013, 02:20 AM
I know money doesn't grow on trees but you could pick up an iPod touch 3 or 4 very cheap (sadly sold my 64 gig iPod touch 4 on eBay for peanuts!)

I see in the past you bought final fantasy 1 and 2 so you must have money as those square enix games are pricey!

2nd generation is so old I can't believe there's much choice