★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Maze Mirage bends your mind (Universal)

09-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Maze Mirage bends your mind (Universal)

Maze Mirage, the mind-bending puzzle adventure game inspired by Antichamber and Portal has its own twist and is now available for iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch.

This 3D clouded game will make you wonder and wander through various unpredictable puzzles within a mysterious maze.

Discover a maze of your imagination constructed of five zones with different symbolised areas. Each can be accessed after striving past another challenge of your subconscious. Dreams are built from random impulses puzzled together, thus expect the unexpected.

Mind control
Interact with objects in the maze by swiping them along their paths. Move it out your way, use it to pave your way, or maybe you shouldn't use it at all.

No control
Dare not wander in one direction before the other as things could change in a blink of an eye. You could be running round in circles before you know it, staring at yourself in the face, or watching everything disappear in front of you...

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQOwWqmVe5M
Follow us @MazeMirage
Like Us: http://facebook.com/MazeMirage
09-23-2013, 12:33 PM
Here's the app info:

Trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

09-23-2013, 12:36 PM
Inspired by Antichamber?! Love that game. If I buy, I'll post impressions
09-23-2013, 12:44 PM
One of the few first person puzzle platformers on the AppStore... I have to get this.
09-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
One of the few first person puzzle platformers on the AppStore... I have to get this.
I'll post my impressions soon
09-23-2013, 01:25 PM
Okay...
Two way to control, tap on ground to move there or move with a touch pad. Swipe to look around. I found tapping to move more precise

Each level has you roaming a maze and solving spatial puzzles. You have to learn the rules of each puzzle, how you interact the world, to succeed. Nothing so far has been as crazy as Antichamber, but the surreal puzzle game hasn't been done before on IOS so this is a nice alternative. You might wander down an endless path only to turn and find the exit behind you. Or turn a corner, fall through an opening...and end up where you started

I haven't gotten that far, so I don't know if later puzzles get more complex or abstract, but I'll report back
09-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
What are the others? Would like to try them
09-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
What are the others? Would like to try them
- Wormholes
- ConstructXp
- 7he code
- Subject 7
- Cubez

There are one or two more, but I forgot the names.
09-24-2013, 01:17 PM
I bought this game last week and think its awesome. I haven't completed it yet, I'm on that part in the video with the orange triangular blocks trying to figure out where to put them. Anyone got that far?
09-24-2013, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelNorby View Post
I bought this game last week and think its awesome. I haven't completed it yet, I'm on that part in the video with the orange triangular blocks trying to figure out where to put them. Anyone got that far?
The way the orange blocks were in the video is how to get to the button. Then you switch them around to get to the path directly infront of you.
If you haven't already realised, falling into the furthest purple block below shoots you out of the nearest.
For any more help, I'll happily give less precise answers don't want to give the game away!