★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: SpaceWars Deathmatch is a retro real-time action packed space fighting game for solo and WLAN battles. Mastering, the truly engaging, solo mode, will give you the power to go up against your buddies in real-time multiplayer mode. Just connect up to 4 iPhones to the same WLAN and you'll be ready to go, maybe bringing with you those great LAN party memories. Dual-stick nav controls intuitively placed provide total control of your spaceship fighter. Pickups can power-up your spaceship fighter with classic spray and rapidfire munitions.

Bots have manually written decision making components for avoidance, entrapment and persecution, which will give you hours of fun; while still managing to be predictive enough so that hardcore gamers can master their movements and beat the game with a perfect score. And for the geeks, clever resilience mechanisms hide WLAN packet losses, providing a rich realtime experience for mobile players. In this retro, multiplayer deathmatch game, we've implement state-of-the-art client-side prediction and other techniques, which in the past made FPS games great LAN games. What are you waiting for? Get your copy today and enjoy hours of fun. Plus we guaranty solid feature rich updates, with fulfilled requests by users like you.
07-30-2009, 07:23 AM
I had to try it..The single player mode isn't bad, but I can see the wifi multiplayer being real fun. I am fortunate enough to have a couple friends with iphones so I will be able to to play with that a little.

The style is cool, feels and looks like you're playing an older shmup like sky force etc.

Currently Playing::Meteor Blitz, EW Jim, Boost 3D, COD: Zombies, Eliminate::

07-30-2009, 07:50 AM
Seems to take inspiration from the 1977 classic; man that's going back.
08-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Promo code

Last code left

4XJYWAMRMH7R
08-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Gone. Beginning to think the lurkers have a second PC with iTunes running on the redeem page 24/7, and they've had the bones in their hand reconstructed to permanently lock them into the Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V pose.
08-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Gone. Beginning to think the lurkers have a second PC with iTunes running on the redeem page 24/7, and they've had the bones in their hand reconstructed to permanently lock them into the Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V pose.
Shhhhh, don't give away their secrets.... They're watching us !!
08-09-2009, 06:47 AM
Brilliant.

"The application SpaceWars was not installed on your iPod because it is not compatible with this iPod".

Yes, I have a first gen Touch, and it's the first time I've ever had that message thrown out at me. Yeah, maybe I should have read their description in iTunes, but when 99.99% of everything works on this thing, you tend to let that slip.
08-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
"The application SpaceWars was not installed on your iPod because it is not compatible with this iPod".
It's pretty easy to overcome that limitation: jailbreak, copy the IPA to /User/Library/Downloads and install it with Installo.us (available from hackulo.us' Cydia repo). Should take you all of 10 minutes.
08-09-2009, 09:37 AM
this game looks pretty cool, im gonna go read some reviews...

!iPocket Godi!
Creator of: The Pygmy Den!
Moderator of: The iPocket Games Forums
Beta Tester for: A&B AC and Pocket God
08-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticktron View Post
It's pretty easy to overcome that limitation: jailbreak, copy the IPA to /User/Library/Downloads and install it with Installo.us (available from hackulo.us' Cydia repo). Should take you all of 10 minutes.
Cheers, but I think I'll pass on that and just wait for official first gen compatibility. It was only $1, and from the sounds of the email I got back, they're going to look into it.