★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Warning: If the game crashes on startup, either clear some RAM, or restart your device. Game not compatible with the iPhone 4, iPad 1 or iPod Touch (4:th or lower).

Meadowland is, in its core, a story. It is a story of dreams, magic and places far away. It is also an interactive poem, and a slow-paced experience in ambient delight. Explore a world, and enjoy the sights and sounds of it as you do.

In Meadowland you take the role of a faerie, and you are free to explore the world as you see fit, in any pace you deem necessary. As you explore the landscape you will come across magic, secrets, people, and hopefully, a purpose. The point of the game is relax and enjoy the experience provided. Let yourself be immersed, and take the time you need to see everything.
09-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Looks pretty relaxing. I'm going to keep an eye on this one.

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.

09-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Don't quite know what to make of the screenshots,could look really good or pretty bad.
09-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Oh boy... This is DEFINITELY one I'm curious about.

Seriously hoping someone posts a video, and ideally not a 30 second trailer...

DBC

I give up.
09-25-2013, 04:31 PM
The description and screen shots reminds me of Star Sky but more open world exploration. I'm a sucker for anything with an open world and lots to explore and see. Heck when I first played GTA (the original) back in the day I spent most of the time just wondering around seeing the city, walking on overpasses, and generally having fun at my own pace while completely ignoring the missions.

-nightc1
09-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
The description and screen shots reminds me of Star Sky but more open world exploration. I'm a sucker for anything with an open world and lots to explore and see. Heck when I first played GTA (the original) back in the day I spent most of the time just wondering around seeing the city, walking on overpasses, and generally having fun at my own pace while completely ignoring the missions.
^This.^

I found this...

http://youtu.be/QDBRmyYyflI

Not sure how links work, but yeah.

Edit: OK, it worked.

DBC

I give up.
09-26-2013, 01:57 AM
I'm very interested, though it's still a bit challenging to figure out how the game works, even in the trailers. Help, dev?
09-26-2013, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Hi, I'm the developer of Meadowland and Star Sky, and your description is pretty much spot on
09-26-2013, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
^This.^

I found this...
Doah! I didn't even look at the dev to see it was Mrten Jonsson. No wonder this reminded me of Star Sky.

Here's the official website with more info on the game.

http://www.jm-j.com/meadowland/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeeko View Post
Hi, I'm the developer of Meadowland and Star Sky, and your description is pretty much spot on
I really enjoyed Star Sky on the PC and later iOS. It's such a relaxing experience. THANK YOU for porting it to iOS and for the other games on this platform. Very few games ever get my money at launch unless they really are interesting. This will be one of those rare instances.

GUYS, just give me about 4 hours or so... I'm going to go out and grab an iTunes card and TOFTT. At under 40MB to download, this is a no brainer instant purchase for me anyway.

-nightc1
09-26-2013, 10:53 AM
Downloading... Will post my impressions later tonight.