★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

2K Drive 4.99->2.99

09-26-2013, 01:36 AM
2K Drive 4.99->2.99

iTunes link

Well, this should be a fun thread.
*ducks*
09-26-2013, 01:47 AM

09-26-2013, 02:37 AM
09-26-2013, 02:48 AM
Still not going to pay that much for an IAP-infested game. How could this junk cost the same as Warhammer Quest, Gemini Rue, The Last Express and other fantastic game?
09-26-2013, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biokid View Post
Still not going to pay that much for an IAP-infested game. How could this junk cost the same as Warhammer Quest, Gemini Rue, The Last Express and other fantastic game?
The IAP really isn't much of an issue with 2K Drive. The game is very generous to what you earn and upgrade in the game and it's very well balanced. The IAP is a little in your face in the game, but I pretty much got the best cars and everything without any kind of paywalls.

2K Drive IAP is more for those lame cheaters than crappy IAP freemium POS games like Real Racing 3
09-26-2013, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykikgmr View Post
The IAP really isn't much of an issue with 2K Drive. The game is very generous to what you earn and upgrade in the game and it's very well balanced. The IAP is a little in your face in the game, but I pretty much got the best cars and everything without any kind of paywalls.

2K Drive IAP is more for those lame cheaters than crappy IAP freemium POS games like Real Racing 3
Agree, but you can get Asphalt 8 for free and it is as good except A8 is an arcade racer while 2K Drive is a simulation racer.
09-26-2013, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biokid View Post
Agree, but you can get Asphalt 8 for free and it is as good except A8 is an arcade racer while 2K Drive is a simulation racer.
Asphalt 8 was only free for a couple of days. Not free anymore. Both are worth the money and are very different driving games.
09-26-2013, 08:59 AM
hmmm in germany no price drop !

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
09-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykikgmr View Post
Asphalt 8 was only free for a couple of days. Not free anymore. Both are worth the money and are very different driving games.
Yeah, A8 is back to 99cent.

And agree with the second part, both are well worth having.
A8 is certainly easier to master because being arcade but Drive presents a challenge of its own.
I did find the physics and controls difficult in the beginning until I understood that they are in fact very realistic. Once I changed from arcade type racing and factored realism (probably a better word for it than that but can't think of it right now) and adjusted the controls, it becomes very satisfying and much more interesting.

As a warning, it's not easy but if you like racing games, this certainly qualifies as a realistic sim and a great challenge. Dedicated arcade racers might not like it though.

And as I'm sure it'll come up, iap ain't necessary.
It has a lot of iap in there but it'll take a lot of the challenge out of it if you go down that road in a cheat type of thing so I'd ignore it of you want to get the best out of the game.

Oh, and I think its a permanent price drop, not a sale. Not 100% sure but it looks that way.
And it has just been updated and more are planned so it will be supported long term which is a good thing.
09-27-2013, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggy110 View Post
I was an outspoken critic of this game, tried to download the update, but now showing did not download fully.

Hopefully things have changed after update and ios 7.